The FGM needs you!

DoubleD

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I’ve been working on a sandbox type environment which will support in-game mission creation. The objective is to give others an opportunity to bring their mission ideas into reality without having to script. I’m now at the testing stage and need feedback on what works and what needs adjustment. I’m specifically interested in game play balance. Is the world too easy or too hard? For that I need you!

I will run the Sunday FGM server from now until Friday. It will be running a persistent universe based upon the below scenario. Please log on and test the scenario and the functionality and feedback on this thread. [I'd done some limited testing, thanks go out to Rambler]

Overview
The scenario is running on the Altis map with the ALIVE engine. The map is an intentional choice because it maximizes the ALIVE functionality. The scenario is also running ACE and TFAR.

The players are: BLUFOR NATO (US RHS), INDFOR AAF allied with BLUFOR, OPFOR aggressive BLU and IND (Russian RHS)

OPFOR has placed an expeditionary force on the island with INDFOR managing to hold the main Stratis airport in the centre of the island. BLUFOR forces have been dispatched to provide assistance and an FOB has been setup south of INDFOR’s location. INDFOR is running various patrols to locate OPFOR and secure key strategic areas across the island. OPFOR are attempting to disrupt INDFOR and hold the territory they have gained. INFOR and OPFOR have access to reinforcements, however heavy armour (MBT) is not available to either side. INDFOR and OPFOR also have access to helicopter support for CAS and transportation, and I’ve seen them using it.

BLUFOR (player) functionality:
Faction choice is US RHS; a full squad is available with various roles. A separate Zeus role is also available, more on that below.

There is a virtual arsenal available with access to all weapons, BLU, IND & OPFOR. There are 3 HUMVEE available and one [two] supply trucks, [one] which also has VA functionality. There is no limit on player respawn however the respawn point is back at base. There is one-way teleport functionality but no jump to player. All vehicles will respawn back at base but only upon destruction and there is a 20 minute delay to ensure value to vehicle loss. [Damaged vehicles do not respawn. Recommended to take a repair kit]

The squad commander has access to an AI supply truck via high command menu. This vehicle does not respawn, once it’s gone, its gone. [This is not robust so I've removed]

Active ALIVE functionality includes:
Alive Tablet – gives access to 1 @ Black Hawk transport, 1 @ AAF transport, 2 @ AAF Hellcat CAS. Respawn for all is 20 minutes. There are active MANPADs so be cautious using air transport and CAS.

Player combat logistics – [bugged, not working at the moment] gives access to airdropped supplies.

Player logistics – supports item moving, loading into vehicles, towing etc.

CI2STAR – requires ALIVE tablet for access, used to create objectives and mission management.

CI2STAR – intelligence. This provides periodic map updates with AAF and OPFOR information. It has an element of ‘fog of war’ so does not capture everything. This setting is intentional.

ACE3
Medical
– same as we’ve been using for previous missions, basic setting. It does support AI unconscious for IND and OPFOR.

Ballistics – does affect marksman weapons etc., range cards, scope management.

Vehicle locking – with the correct side key you can lock vehicles. This is recommended to stop AI stealing your ride. They will if they find an accessible vehicle.

Zeus – there is a specific Zeus role. This can be used to create missions on the fly. ALIVE foot combatants don’t always appear for Zeus, so be careful you don’t overwhelm players. It supports the additional Ares mod functionality. Zeus has access to everything including heavy armour.

General difficulty - I have removed the squad markers and the 3rd person cross hairs to improve immersion.

There is other stuff, but I don’t want to spoil all the fun…..

Mod list is as below. I can add more mods if people are interested. I’m also a little tired of taking on the Russians but I’ve struggled to find a suitable quality OPFOR substitute. I tried to support ADF, sadly it is still bugged and requires players to do stuff with pbo files which isn’t practical. Other options include @CUP etc. but I wanted to get everyone’s feedback on suitable add ons.

Enjoy, and hopefully see you on the battlefield.

@ACE3
@ALiVE
@AllInArmaTerrainPack
@CBA_A3
@rhs_afrf3
@rhs_usf3
@st_stamina_bar (OPTIONAL)
@sthud_a3 (OPTIONAL)
@task_force_radio

Last edited:
Serve went down over night. I put it back up, hopefully it will stay up all day. I can't leave it on over the weekend, but I will run it through next week.

Back
Top Bottom