Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The FGM was attacked...

Bootie

FGM OWNER
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Guys I was on night shift last night and in the early hours of the morning I tried to log on but was hit with a server error. I tried throughout the night but didn't have the tools with me to do anything about it and had to wait until I finished my night shift to race home and fix it.

I spoke to Dutch Grenadier via Facebook private message at about 6am this morning as he was aware something was wrong...

Needless to say 2 cups of coffee and some gnashing of teeth later Ive managed to fix it. Someone hit us with a DoS (denial of service) attack last night from somewhere. 2500 attempted log ins in the space of a very short time shot down our server and database. It basically fried it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=242&v=0I4O4hoKzb8

I have managed to repair it and get us running again. I hope it was a random strike but if someone wants us off we are going to have a battle on our hands... well I am. Needless to say... half an hour after fixing the database and no errors logged so fingers crossed.... sorry for the outage. Im going to bed.

n-TIRED-FACE-large570.jpg

Aha, thanks for the update ... wondered what that was when I tried to log int his morning.

Hope there's no repeat attack ... because an FGM'er going cold turkey is not a pretty sight at the best of times. :shocknaz::shocknaz::shocknaz::shocknaz::shocknaz::shocknaz::shocknaz::shocknaz::shocknaz::shocknaz::shocknaz::shocknaz::shocknaz:

Checked in at work and saw the error. For a moment thought work had blocked forums access. :p

Do we know what other forums or company sites share the same server as the FGM? Perhaps we were in the ling of fire so to speak?

What a pain in the arse! Well done and thank you for your work and effort.

Back