Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Final Stand

Guardsman

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Good new WW2 movie about a Russian cadet school that was thrown into the breach before the gates of Moscow in the winter of 41. Its got the usual 'heroes of the soviet union' propaganda vibe but the action is pretty good and there are some spectacular pyrotechnics when the bridgehead gets bombed from the air. I enjoyed it. Seems to have a proper German stug and Pz38's, hanomags etc too. and a range of russian equipment.
Its on Amazon prime for only 99pence rental !

I get a movie with Arnorld Swarzenegger when searching for that title. Though he appears to fire a Maxim machinegun on the poster, I doubt that's the movie....

I watched this the other night (free on Amazon Prime in the UK at the moment), the love triangle plot was a bit clichéd and it didn't really go anywhere but at least they tried, and I thought they were going to develop Lavrov from "he's a maverick who doesn't listen to anyone" to "he's an all round great guy and humble team player" but that never happened either. Enjoyed the rest of the movie though, even though the very end (and I shall avoid spoilers) was complete nonsense.

If you can't find it I've also seen it called "The Last Frontier" and in Russian it's called "Podolsk Cadets" apparently.

MMM

Back