The patch

R

Rolling Thunder

Speaking about mac problems but it appears they are wrapping up the Patch.
Of course it could still be a month away.
Point is from what I know from prior reading, if you have a pbem in progress and apply the patch it will make the current pbem unplayable, sheesh.
So the question for me anyway, is do I start new Pbems or wait for the patch. decisions decisions:)

Phil Culliton
First Second Programmer Join Date: Dec 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guys, we're wrapping up the 1.01 patch and I still haven't found a fix that actually *fixes* this locking problem for our testers. There are close to a dozen X1600-related fixes in 1.01, and for some of you these may have an effect, but they have not done so on our (admittedly limited) batch of X1600-equipped test machines.

There is some hope, especially with 10.6.8 and 10.7 on the table - there are numerous OpenGL fixes included in those releases. The patch together with the new Apple releases may resolve the locking issue on some systems.

So - please give the patch a try on your machines. If they work, fantastic - please let me know. If not, and this leaves you unable to play the game at all, refunds will be provided on request. I'm sorry that I couldn't solve this one. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

if you protect old cm.exe by saving another name before patching.
you can play old games with old engine AFAIK

I am ignorant as far as programming, but it seems to me that the changes will go deeper than just config file or exe.file.
LOS, buldings and foxholes more cover, tanks not being so accurate firing while moving, tanks not bunching and bumping at bridges, Memory issues in scenario editor, QB refinement, invulnerable trees,and the list goes on.
But what do I know?

I had the same dilemma. Start a new game and get stuck on v1.0 or wait to start a new game until 1.01 appears? What worked for me was to start a new game and beat my opponent quickly. :)

Since getting the patch I can no longer set up an allies attack. The map has my setup as attacker on the victory locations. I don't mind but I think the opponents will mind.

Back
Top Bottom