The Review Section

The Other Games versus Review Section

• I like it as it is now as a 'Review' Section.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I preferred having a separate 'Other Games' Section

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • I couldn't care less either way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bootie

FGM OWNER
Staff member
Reaction score
Guys another poll.

I have changed the 'Other Games' section to incorporate a full review section. Now, the reason I did this was because basically the 'other games' section is full of reviews for games.... so why not expand upon that.

I think companies who send us games to review should at least have the game placed in a 'review section' rather than lumped rather derogatorily in with 'Other Games' sounding like second class products.

Now a member has voiced displeasure about this but in my opinion its a good idea... but then again I thought the side bar was a good idea so Im running it by you again and the majority will decide.

I voted to keep Other Games separate because we're primarily a Wargaming and Military Discussion club.
Films, music, books etc could have its own section where it doesn't clog up the Other Games section.
But I agree with Bootie about 'Other Games' not being a good name, so maybe we should think up another name for it like "Game Reviews and Discussion"?

I like the change. I think this new section should generate lots of discussion.

No reason we can't have both? Review section for games reviews and the other section for game discussion.

I like all the reviews under one forum, but I think sub-forums for each category would be better for specific viewing. So, for ease of viewing, the original was easier. This leaves me split between the new and the old without a vote.

I've gone for keep it as a review section

Anything we can do to encourage publishers to keep sending us review copies is a good thing IMO

Personally I think it is a good idea. If Im of to watch a fil or think about buying a new book I can have a quick look in here and see if any of you guys have read, played or viewed it. All it requires is for members to ensure they do write reviews of media they have used or seen to make it a success. If it works then maybe we can split it into sub categories but Im loathe to bloat the area and never see it used.

Back
Top Bottom