The Who at the Superbowl

A

ACSpectre

The Who performed during the halftime show at the superbowl. The music is still tight but unfortunately the vocals have faltered due to age. Still an entertaining show, just not the blow your face off powerhouse that was The Who of old.

Still, the best half time show in a long time, if not ever.

they still sounded better than the Stones...Good to see the old boys still rocking, bet their album sales go up a bit this week :)

I was never a fan of the who but I watched the first few minutes. They had a good light show but they just looked silly singing Teenage Wasteland as old men. I ended up turning the channel until half time was over. They were about thirty years too late in playing the superbowl. Makes me wonder if twenty years from now we will be watching a Brittany Spears half time show!? God I hope not.
Lord Bane

I've soured on rock concerts at the Super Bowl. I was more entertained by the stage than the music. Each year it is less about a football game and more about a spectacle. Would it not be a change, especially for the overseas viewers, to find a spectacular way to show the history of the NFL during halftime.

Or, if were going to invite an international audience, why don't we invite some of the worlds greatest guitarist ( no worries about if they are lip-syching) and have them put on a show.

How about Cirque de Soliei or however you spell it. No more concerts by entertainers past their prime because I would rather remember them in their prime.

I've soured on rock concerts at the Super Bowl. I was more entertained by the stage than the music. Each year it is less about a football game and more about a spectacle. Would it not be a change, especially for the overseas viewers, to find a spectacular way to show the history of the NFL during halftime.

Or, if were going to invite an international audience, why don't we invite some of the worlds greatest guitarist ( no worries about if they are lip-syching) and have them put on a show.

How about Cirque de Soliei or however you spell it. No more concerts by entertainers past their prime because I would rather remember them in their prime.

It's funny you mention the lights because my kids and I all said; "Well at least the light show was good!" I agree the superbowl should be a celebration of football. I think the MLB does a much better job at this with the World Series.

Well, my nephews wanted know why they were playing CSI music at half time....Oh how I have to educate them, where is Jack Black when you need him (aka..School of Rock)!

I remember when The Stones did the Superbowl. We were watching a commercial before the game that was hyping the halftime show, They showed the Stones and my then 13 year old daughter said "Who are these geezers?" I've tried to educate them but when they are constantly bombarded with the crap that passes for music today, it's hard to expose them to the classics. There is hope though, for her last birthday my oldest daughter 19 asked for a copy of Who's Next.

I was 17 when The Who exploded on the scene in 1965 with "I Can't Explain".
In those far-off days stuffy adults ruled the world, so The Who's punchy rebellious pseudo-punk style appealed to us downtrodden kids and encouraged us to throw off the shackles put on us by parents and society, and do our own thing..

The Beatles and The Stones took top billing for the "British Invasion" in this country. While they are of course great bands, I really feel that The Who and The Kinks were very much under exposed and thus under appreciated in this country for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom