The 'Z' Folder!

T

Thunderbolt

When you put bmp's into the 'Z' folder is it possible to create sub folders within it for easy identity and modding, ie. Weapons,Vehicles Uniforms etc. Will the program recognize the individual folders on start-up and apply them?

Tha I dont know. But why would you want that? The Z folder I gave you has all the latest mods and when you want new ones just put them in there.

Thanks Dutch. I've got the folder thanks, great mods! Sorry to be a complete newbie, but do I just unzip it to my own 'Z' folder as it is?

No prob about the n00b thing. We are all n00bs of our own :)

Yes just inzip to your own Z folder and press replace all if needed.

Before you do. Make an copy of your current Z folder. Incase something goes wrong.

Good stuff Dutch, many thanks.
Happy new year by the way from UK.

Subfolders do work AND make a lot of sense. I got only BRZ files in the plain 'Z' folder, loose files (like individual BMPs or WAVs etc.) are kept in their own folders for easier identification. And you'll never miss something in case you want to update/remove a mod.

Yes, that would be useful. Do you put your sub folders inside your 'Z' folder or outside in the main Data section? Also, how do you name them, can you just call them 'Weapons', 'Vehicles' etc. or is there some numbering protocol to make sure the program reads them on start-up?

You have to put everything mod-wise into the 'Z' folder. How you name it is pretty irrelevant, but the game reads them in alphabetic order. The only restriction I have found so far are multiple textures on tanks because of the mix 'n match routine that's programmed into the game. Everything else works fine no matter what name you chose for your subfolders.

You're welcome. Should you happen to have any other questions regarding mods, don't hesitate to ask. I'm pretty sure I can answer almost everything.

Back
Top Bottom