Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[TV] The Mandalorian - Disney+

My son has been riding my Netflix account as a family member for a long time. We were talking recently and he said as payback if
I wanted to be added to his Disney+ account it would be easy enough. That I should do so for the simple reason that as a Star Wars
fan I needed to watch The Mandalorian. Not that I needed another streaming source, but free is free so I went ahead and signed on.
While I'd heard nothing but good things about this series I was in no hurry to watch. The last three Star Wars movies were such junk (IMHO)
watching another spin off was not a high priority for me. Oh my. I was soo wrong.
--
I think the movie Rogue One was the best Start Wars movie ever made. It was described once as a Star Wars movie for adults. I could not agree more.
Having watched the first two episodes of Mandalorian it is what the last three movies could/should have been. Not that crap made made for kids. Lots of
silly adventures, terrible writing, repetitive storyline, diverse casting with bad actors and oh so politically correct. Enough so as to make your nose bleed.
--
This one is right on. A lot of references to the Star Wars universe so as to make you immediately comfortable with your surroundings. Then the mysterious
Bobba Fett like bounty hunter character who is just to-cool-for-school. At least when he isn't taking the unexpected pratfall of having his space ship cannibalized
by the Tusken Raiders (sand people). Lots in common with the original Indiana Jones vibe. I could go on, but my advice is to simply do what you must to subscribe
to Disney+ for as long as necessary to watch the two available seasons of The Mandalorian. Best "mTk Seal of Approval" for 2021!
--

Really? No one else watching? I'm on Chapter 6 and I keep liking this more and more.
Words fail me as to how good I think this is. The closest I can come is think "The Witcher" in space.
I may have to get me a model of Mando's space ship for my pc desk. :cool:
"This is the way." - Mando
or...
"I can bring you in warm. Or, I can bring you in cold." - Mando

Really? No one else watching? I'm on Chapter 6 and I keep liking this more and more.
Words fail me as to how good I think this is. The closest I can come is think "The Witcher" in space.
I may have to get me a model of Mando's space ship for my pc desk. :cool:
"This is the way." - Mando
or...
"I can bring you in warm. Or, I can bring you in cold." - Mando
Dude, I crushed this show in two days.

Sadly don't have Disney, so have to wait until it's available somewhere else. Seen a lot of positive stuff about it and looking forward to getting to watch

Before I saw the credits I was absolutely positive she was Angelina Joile.
C'mon! That was a good guess.
---
eAtZ7IR.jpg

No, but since I will run out of Mandalorian in a day or two I'll go check it out.
--
Another actress I was sure I identified was her. Initially she looked really familiar and it didn't take long for me to figure
out who she was. Then, as the show went on the less sure I became until the credits started to roll. By then I'd talked myself
out of her ID. She looks so different in the uniform/make-up I'm surprised I guessed who she was at all.
I understand her also being cast as live-action Bo-Katan is perfect.
Ya'll might recognize her as Starbuck.
---
JEcfByD.jpg

---
qTWJiLM.jpg

Last edited:
Back