Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Upcoming Slitherine/Matrix Release dates

HOA_KSOP

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
From today's Slitherine Tea Time livecast,,,

7hjwCl0.jpg

I've been following this for a very looong time! Still no release date info but maybe this year!?
Closest to AH Squad Leader for the pc I've ever seen.
----
Yeah, there a few on that lineup I would not mind having. The DLC's I'm interested in as well as the Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm and CMCW. We need to have a sidebar converse about the Valor & Victory title. I see DW2 as a distant interest.

Never played Distant Worlds, any good?
It's a "monster" RTS 4X game. There is a lot going on, the degree of player controllable options is vast, but you can automate most everything to such a level that you can control a single ship while your empire chugs along. It's real-time, but the scale of the game is matched really well with the time scale if that makes sense. In contrast, when playing the RTS 4X Sins of a Solar Empire I always feel time pressure, but I don't get that sense at all in Distant Worlds Universe. Admittedly I have not played it to an extent where I am completely comfortable with the overwhelming management aspects of the game, but for as much as I've played it I do think it's challenging and a well-done game.

On my buy list. I love the Pacific Theater. Looks like a nice mix. Not as detailed and complex as War in the Pacific, but not too simplistic. I like the original Warplan. I'm sure we'll eventually see a Total Warplan that will cover the European and Pacific theater.

Yeah, there a few on that lineup I would not mind having. The DLC's I'm interested in as well as the Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm and CMCW. We need to have a sidebar converse about the Valor & Victory title. I see DW2 as a distant interest.
I really like Flashpoint Campaigns. I've only played the NATO side and can usually beat the AI. Haven't tried the Russian side. I would like to try a h2h mirrored game to see how it plays out.

Just saw a YouTube clip on upcoming title called Broken Arrow and all I can saw is WOW!

Can’t post the link from YouTube now but if you do a search you should see it.

Might be a short game, given the mushroom cloud ending...
That was from the expansion pack.

Seriously does look nice, we’ll have to wait and see what the final product turns out to be.

We seem to be in a golden age of gaming. Lots of good stuff being developed that not too long ago would not been possible.

That was from the expansion pack.

Seriously does look nice, we’ll have to wait and see what the final product turns out to be.

We seem to be in a golden age of gaming. Lots of good stuff being developed that not too long ago would not been possible.
Agreed. Have you seen Microprose's Regiments? Another Cold War gone hot game.

Agreed. Have you seen Microprose's Regiments? Another Cold War gone hot game.
I think I may have seen the game in a preview a while back. Did Microprose recently take over development from another studio?

I saw a clip about multiple studios developing a realistic map of the entire world that can be used for gaming and training. Some of the studios are working with the military.

I think FS2020 has shown people the potential of mating the cloud with AI to develop highly accurate terrain to fight over in the virtual world.

Also saw a clip about Creative Assembly patenting something that looks Total War related which will involve building medieval castles and fortifications as well as complex siege warfare and realistic terrain. They apparently have hired a bunch of developers and coders...

Also rumors are that they are also going to make an Empire 2 total war....something about a recently released image that included a character from Empire Total War.

Back