Wanted: Opponent for H2H Scenario "Muddy Waters"

W

Walter Shumate

I would like to play the new H2H Scenario "Muddy Waters" (doubleblind of course). So if someone would like to command the US 6th Armoured Division`s Combat Command A just send me a PM. Dropbox available. If you wish it to be a ladder game I am fine with it too. I don`t know if it is balanced or not but that doesn`t bother me.

Scenario Description:
"It is now midday of 5 August 1944. The U.S. 6th Armored Division's Combat Command A is rapidly advancing across Brittany. So far the advance has been very quick, with only limited pockets of German resistance. CCA has been moving along small roads parallel to CCB's movement along the larger roads to the north. Lead elements of CCA are pushing toward the town of Heulgoat. An ad-hoc German Kampfgruppe has been directed to slow the advance of the American forces pushing rapidly toward the port city of Brest in order to give the recently-arrived 2 Fallschirmjager Division time to better prepare the city's defenses.

The general circumstances are historical, though the forces engaged are hypothetical. The map is fictional but offers a reasonably characteristic representation of the terrain in the area."

Hi Walter,

I can play with you, but in friendly mode, because I don't know if the map is simple or doubleblind :pirate:
Dropbox
Patch 1.10 or CW
Indifferent side

Hi Egger,

I already set up the dropbox folder and sent you an invitation. First file is in! And "friendly mode" it is :). Good luck and a lot of fun!

Could either of you explain "friendly mode" vs. "doubleblind"? My only pbem experience is with the Overlord and Heraklion Campaigns (doubleblind???).

Thanks!

Hi Mjkerne,

Friendly mode: not for ladder
Doubleblind: players couldn't see the map before the battle :1cool::1cool:
Simpleblind: only one player couldn't see the map before :pirate: (only for few bad mens).

Thanks Egger!

Next question :02.47-tranquillity: What does the ladder do that just playing between friends doesn't? Is it just like a tournament ladder, with bragging rights and prizes if you get to the top?

If the battle is for ladder, players prefer balanced maps and balanced situations, for example, if we play a map making by me, I have advantage.
Some people play in mirror mode (from the both sides at the same time).
The idea of the ladder is very simple, if you win battles, you raise in the list (but without wine or roses) and if you lost, you go down.

Back
Top Bottom