Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition AAR

O

OnWargaming

Hi all,

few weeks ago I wrote that I will play the big campaign only when I will be retired, well...I am doing the exact opposite :ROFLMAO:
I am still in the labor force (and for a long time) but I am playing this monster anyway!

On the Matrix forum you can read my AAR if interested, so far I just have detailed my overall plan but the game will start pretty soon.
Feel free to ask what you want.

Cheers

If someone can be interested about the game, Matrix is selling it at less than 16€!!!

Small scenarios are totally feasible.
Normally, I spent a good amount of time for planning and unit orders, but after that the turns exchange is quite fast.

In the big campaign you need a lot of time for the turn 1 but most of the players are able to send their turn in 30-60 minutes.

Small scenarios are totally feasible.
Normally, I spent a good amount of time for planning and unit orders, but after that the turns exchange is quite fast.

In the big campaign you need a lot of time for the turn 1 but most of the players are able to send their turn in 30-60 minutes.
Okay okay, I bought a copy... but they should put some sort of warning label on this, like on cigarettes...

Thanks for the heads up about the sale!

I bought this one somewhere during lockdown and I think it's really interesting. But indeed in the end I only played some small scenario's and decided that I'm not going to spend the several million of clicks required for a full game. I'd like to in some ways, but I also like my current life more :ROFLMAO:.
Edit: there are spreadsheets available for a decent start of the full game, which will probably reduce the time necessary. Although that's also what made me think that I'm not getting paid to play this game.

Okay okay, I bought a copy... but they should put some sort of warning label on this, like on cigarettes...

Thanks for the heads up about the sale!

Ah ah, I perfectly understand!
I don't thik you will regreat it :)

I bought this one somewhere during lockdown and I think it's really interesting. But indeed in the end I only played some small scenario's and decided that I'm not going to spend the several million of clicks required for a full game. I'd like to in some ways, but I also like my current life more :ROFLMAO:.
Edit: there are spreadsheets available for a decent start of the full game, which will probably reduce the time necessary. Although that's also what made me think that I'm not getting paid to play this game.

Correct, really a click slugfest!
WitP is a game about logistic even more than combat, I spent lot of time planning my industry but it has been a blast.
Of course if you don't like the micromanagement this game is not the right choice :)

For me it is a milestone in my wargame career :D

Correct, really a click slugfest!
WitP is a game about logistic even more than combat, I spent lot of time planning my industry but it has been a blast.
Of course if you don't like the micromanagement this game is not the right choice :)

For me it is a milestone in my wargame career :D

Yeah I was a bit split; on one hand I really liked it and the amount of details and all the things one can do, they allow for immersion. So I already had downloaded the spreadsheets etc and was preparing for a large game. But after looking through the spreadsheet I retreated lol

I'll have a look your AAR! I was enjoying some AARs on youtube / the matrix forum back in the day.

Ok, bought it and going through Dojo's video's to figure out what is going on. I was hoping for a smaller New Guinea campaign as a starter but , no luck.

I will have to tune into your AAR.

Ok, bought it and going through Dojo's video's to figure out what is going on. I was hoping for a smaller New Guinea campaign as a starter but , no luck.

I will have to tune into your AAR.

The Battle of the Coral Sea is the tutorial, not a guided tutorial but you can experiment a CV clash in few turns.

Then I would suggest The Thousand-Mile War, a very narrow map and two months of game, finally Gudalcanal where you have more units and time for your strategies.

Then if you really want to go deep try the big campaign as Allied, much easier to handle and less time consuming at the beginning (late game the opposite because you have to attack).

Thanks for reading the AAR.

I heard tales of this infamous game. That it drains the life - source out of persons, wrecks marriages, and causes insomnia. Is it true?
Aproximately how long would it take to play a game from start to finish? Or would you be dead of old age before?
It´s 80% off on sale at Matrix. I am tempted.

Back