Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Warhammer 40K Mechanicus

D

din djinn

Hi. Just wanted to plug one of my favorite recent single player tactical games. I played this last year on the PS4, but I no longer have my PS4, so when I saw it on sale recently on Steam, I had to buy it again for my PC and I had even more fun playing it through the second time because I found an easier route. On my first playthrough, I tried to play as a commander of minions. But more recently, I hardly bothered with those minion combatants and focused on building up my Tech-Priests. It is not a long game, but if you ever see it on sale again, I strongly recommend taking a look and considering the purchase.

I played one of those 40K games some time ago. Looked kind of cool.
After a short while I found it to be repetitive. Swarms of bad guys making up for dubious AI.
Whenever I upgraded my forces the AI just added more forces to his OOB. Eventually it all led to my constantly being overrun and no fun.
Not that this complaint just referes to 40K games.

I was never familiar with the table top games or other video games, but I'm pretty sure this is different from many of the other games in the line. This reminds me of the tactical combat in an rpg like Baldur's Gate. Of course part of the AI difficulty is adding more enemies, but that is based on decisions you make as you move along the underground chambers. And the longer you take, the other penalities will pop up, like once you knock out an enemy you have to hit it one more time to completely kill it before it reanimate s, which is easy enough, but almost every action your Tech-Priests take requires an action point, so it comes down to managing collecting those points and spending them. And how much time do you take gathering the currency you need to spend to upgrade your characters knowing the longer you take the more mobs will come at you.

Overall, I liked the challenges but few rooms were ever hard to clear. Still, I had a lot of fun doing it. I liked adding the new character skills or different tech weapons and seeing how to best synchronize them with the rest of the team play.

Reactions: mTk
Back