Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Warhammer 40K - tabletop

D

daisy

There I was driving down Durbanville Road in Cape Town and what do I see ?

A shop called Battle Bunker.. Hmm, sounds interesting - So in I go, they sell Warhammer tabletop miniatures, including a starter set containing Space Marines and Orcs. So I buy it.

Back home I immediately start setting up and assembling - I have about 50 figures to assemble and paint including some big ones. Interesting stuff.

Where I stay there is a club playing Warhammer and another one playing ancient battles. At least I will be able to get a game.

Is this hobbby as addictive as I think?

Does anybody here know what the best route is if I want to start with ancient battles? Is there a set or sets that you would reccomend?

Man I played Warhammer 40k for years and yes it is very adictive.

I have a very large Dark Angels space marine army

Does anybody here know what the best route is if I want to start with ancient battles? Is there a set or sets that you would reccomend?

There a lot of ancient rules out there. The one I prefer is called Field of Glory.

http://www.amazon.com/Field-Glory-Ancient-Medieval-Wargaming/dp/1846033136/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326012497&sr=8-1
plus there dozen or so army books too.
The rules are well written and supported.

There also many wargaming societies on the internet you can join too.
Your best bet is to join a local wargaming club and play the rule their use for ancients.

Enjoy, I been playing wargaming miniatures now for over forty years.
Lighthorse

Back