Welcome to Mainland Italy (BF NEWS)

Nelson1812

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=305&Itemid=522
Announcing "Combat Mission Fortress Italy - GUSTAV LINE", the first module the the Combat Mission Fortress Italy family of WW2 tactical ground combat simulations. Fortress Italy: Gustav Line depicts the desperate battle for the Italian mainland, revolving around Salerno, Anzio, and Monte Cassino, and culminating in the capture of Rome on June 4, 1944. The Commonwealth side of Operation Husky in Sicily is also depicted.

Wow! Very cool. Things seem to be gelling over there at BF now. The pieces are seemingly falling into place now.

More excited than I want to admit on all fronts....meaning the Med and Europe!

What I find sad is that these new units (FJ, (mobile) AA guns) enter CMFI first instead of CMBN... :(

But Market Garden... HELL YEAH!!! :D That brings the online battlefield closer to "home".

MG?
Guys - this is the CM:FI-Forum. ;)
And GL cries at least for a short and hard campaign ala "Seven Days at Salerno"... :)

I think that there will be more than one campaign with CMGL. The addition of CW forces, the broad time frame (OOBs available) and the ability to change the seasons will bring out some creativity from campaign makers. I personally cannot wait!:D

wow , I Wish could retire from work I could then spend more time playing :-( lol

I think that there will be more than one campaign with CMGL. The addition of CW forces, the broad time frame (OOBs available) and the ability to change the seasons will bring out some creativity from campaign makers. I personally cannot wait!:D

I am thinking more about a multiplayer Salerno-campaign: the unit density is low - only a few divisions in the first week after the landings, so that the campaign can be handled on a CM-formation base (Btl). 4 battles per day (dawn, day, dusk and night) means a campaign of 28 turns. Nevertheless not all formations are fighting each turn (disruption, battle-fatigue, recovery, hold on defense aso ).
So some thoughts...

Back
Top Bottom