Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

What Does it Mean to be a Mirrored Game?

E

enigma6584

Hello,

I've got a question for you guys. Someone wants to play me in a PBEM game but says he wants to play it mirrored. I've never done that and basically I have no idea what he means. Can someone please fill me in as to what it means to play a "mirrored" game?

Thank you in advance.

It means playing either a scenario both as Axis and Allies or a QB with the exact same parameters both as Axis and Allies
In this way even if a scenario is unbalanced both players will have to play as the ''weaker side'' and nobody will complain afterwards :)

Also it means I usually get two loses instead of one... lol

Thanks for the answers gents. It is not really something I would want to do.

It was with me, 99,9% of scenarios that I´ve play are mirrored games. the reason number 1 for that is for stay away from winning behavior and complains, and I found you can enjoy more game, allways playing with all that game have to you, it´s great to know all OOBs and details about units etc... But this time Im playing with enigma normal, just one side for scenario.

I have to agree with you Aulette! I'm really fond of playing Mirrored scenarios... It's a really good way to play scenarios that you have created on the spot. For instance, maybe you don't want to spend tons of time searching for a good scenario to play that has been tested. All ya gotta do is put together one yourself
(I like making Scenarios though), add units to the best of your knowledge, and then send her away mirrored! And Boom, no complaining by anyone lol.

I have to agree with you Aulette! I'm really fond of playing Mirrored scenarios... It's a really good way to play scenarios that you have created on the spot. For instance, maybe you don't want to spend tons of time searching for a good scenario to play that has been tested. All ya gotta do is put together one yourself
(I like making Scenarios though), add units to the best of your knowledge, and then send her away mirrored! And Boom, no complaining by anyone lol.

that´s the point to Sherman

I wouldn't be interested in this sort of thing. If the scenario I'm playing is a dud or very unbalanced in my favor as opposed to my opponant, then all I do is find another scenario where my opponant has the advantage and let him have fun. I have found that it tends to even out in the long run. I always go with a certain rule...If I pick the scenario, then my opponant picks his side and visa versa.

Ah, Sounds like a pretty good way to play come to think of it... Just Curious, what part of Wisconsin are you from? (If you don't mind me asking)

@GrandSherman I'm in the northwest part of Waukesha County. Yes, we are neighbors.

Cool! Yes i'm a bit surprised that we have so many Wisconsinites... :)

Back