What does the XO team do?

G

gyeon_zl

I am a newbie and havent found what the XO team do in the battle?It's not a FO team and cannot takes the place of the HQ.So what is this team for?

But how? My co team rarely go the frontline...usually stay with my mortars.. You mean the co of a company,right?

XO stands for executive officer, he's directly under the Company commander. I guess his purpose is to carry the CO's briefcase for him and do his typing.
wink.gif
Functionally in the game, I suppose he helps expand the Commander's C&C footprint, adds some redundancy so its harder to knock out the command structure with a lucky artillery strike. Most guys have him running round giving first aid.

I have thought about using them to exband the range of the C2 link,but it seems do not work well.For instsnce,my co team have several mortars under direct control,and a xo team.I tried to put my co team into firing line to call for mortar supporting fire,and left my xo team just besides my mortars,cuz I noticed that the xo team has radio.I guessed the mortars would be ready to be called,but when my co team was far away,they were just out of contact...why?Doesn't the radio work?seems that the xo team cannot be considered as a C2 link point as the HQ team does..

The first aid thing is a good idea,I wikl try next time.btw,do you guys let all your hq&co teams fight on the front line?I always let my pltoon HQs move with the soldiers,but left my company or higher level co teams staying with my jeeps or mortars..so I always see several flags left behind the battlefield....

I usually send my xo with any element that detaches from the main company force. So if I send my second platoon to the right and first and third go left I send the CO with 1/3 and the xo with 2.

I will try another time that if the xo team can pass orders to mortars..I really failed last time..

The xo really cannot act as a c2 link point..I tried last night.I put my 1plt on the right flank with my xo.Then both the plt and the xo lost connection with my co...Does the xo have to stay in the los of co to keep in contact?

XO team is really only good as a medic.

I will place my company commander with the platoon that is in the heaviest firefights to help out with leadership bonuses. He does not need to be on the front line, just close enough to help.

Back
Top Bottom