what screen capture tool do you use?

B

Bill

Done a search on bing and got lots of hits.

I have not use a screen capture tool in ages. Is there a good screen capture tool or just use Print Screen.

I use FRAPS most of the time. On occasion I just use print screen (since I learned how to find the actual file).

I use Playclaw.

Can be awkward to setup and a bit quirky. So I wouldn't recommend it.

711mb for 29s file. Yes, I know there has been no time for compression. I am also using the unregistered version at the moment.

For those who use fraps for making videos, any tips.

Been doing some videos for a CM dedicated Youtube channel for a few months now.
Shameless plug: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ithikial

- Set the video capture to 25 FPS.
- Set to record at full resolution. For CM, I've found recording at half res is a waste and drops the quality down which hampers the user seeing the detail - paramount when you units are itty bitty pixel truppen.
- Set FRAPS to save big video files it generates to a separate hard drive away from FRAPS and your Combat Mission installs if possible. This will reduce the strain on the Hard Drive where CM is located prevent possible bottlenecking as your computer tries to both write and read from the same Hard Drive.
- Have lots of RAM for video editing.
- Throw the raw footage into Windows Movie Maker (free download) and edit in there. Once you are happy with your work generate a 1080p final product in .wmv format for upload to YouTube. It will be compressed into a reasonable size. (For 1080p). Don't save in 720p or 480p as you lose quality.

In short have a lot of free hard drive space. No way around that for the raw footage.

Hope that helps.

- Set to record at full resolution. For CM, I've found recording at half res is a waste and drops the quality down which hampers the user seeing the detail - paramount when you units are itty bitty pixel truppen.
- Set FRAPS to save big video files it generates to a separate hard drive away from FRAPS and your Combat Mission installs if possible. This will reduce the strain on the Hard Drive where CM is located prevent possible bottlenecking as your computer tries to both write and read from the same Hard Drive.
- Throw the raw footage into Windows Movie Maker (free download) and edit in there. Once you are happy with your work generate a 1080p final product in .wmv format for upload to YouTube. It will be compressed into a reasonable size. (For 1080p). Don't save in 720p or 480p as you lose quality.

In short have a lot of free hard drive space. No way around that for the raw footage.

Hope that helps.

Yeah - -had a go with hi-res movie maker files as well ... those raw footage files are gigantic -- good idea saving on to a separate drive ... must try that.

Hope that helps.

Damn good advice. Appreciated.:)

Back
Top Bottom