Wigams Scale Model Competition

W

Wigam

Seeing as I love making models but am not in the realm of you other top gents here at the FGM, I have decided to start my own scale model.

Its in a scale of 1-1.

Its my new red brick BBQ.

Here are the parts before use - on the sprew so to speak. :wink:

BBQ_5820.jpg

First my design.

BBQ_5834.jpg

And here are the first steps in the build. Laying out the bricks for the bottom

BBQ_5821.jpg

The ceremonial laying of the first brick. My brother in law is a qualified brick and block layer so he's my help and in this pic.

BBQ_5819.jpg

this is my corner, where I started to lay down some bricks.

BBQ_5815.jpg

If you can see the plan there is a arch in there, which in time will lead through to a brick brazier surrounded with some lovely hard wood seating.

BBQ_5810.jpg

And the results of day 1's progress. My help laid out all the corners and I did all in between. back is sore I tell you.

BBQ_5813.jpg

BBQ_5812.jpg

That'll be a REAL barby, not like the piddly little portable things most people use..;)

When its done there is an open invite for any FGM member passing down this way, the steaks will be hot and the beers cold. :D Plus the suns always shining.

I thought it was going to be a scale (1:1) model of Hitler's bunker.

dont forgt to weather and wear it nice...! NZ is on my bucket list!

@ Pos This one is deffinatley non movable. Earth Quake proof.

@ 95Bravo I am still collecting bricks so a bunker is always doable, lol.

@ Buckets lists are great, NZ should be on every non kiwis list. :eyebrows:

I wished I had something like that... My father had one built for him a few years back and is very pleased. Well, maybe one day. Are we invited for the first test? :tongue1:

haha, another brick in the wall alright.

Of course your all invited to the first test.

Where are you Wigam? Do I recall correctly that you're down Christchurch way?

@ Von Reich - I love to blow NZ's horn but get on down here. You won't regret it.

@ McIvan - Yeah down past Chch, in Timaru. Your Auckland right ? How the weather been, here it has been absolutely amazing. The El nino weather system is the best, long hot dry. :smile:

@ POS - This barbie will be earthquake proof alright, it will have to be. I found out today that the guy who predicted the earth quakes this time round is now predicting one in March of 2011. No one believed him at the start but we are all listening now. lol.

Back
Top Bottom