Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Windows7 and CM pbems

B

Breaklight

Evening gents,

Should you in the near future be running windows7 and any (i think) pbem style game be prepared for this.

download file not showing blocked windows7
I had vista before this and never had this issue.

Basically, windows in its greatness and wisdom decides how best to protect you against your silly self. Files you download it blocks and even hides from view.

Thus,I log into hotmail, chk the mail and download the pbem fiel to the cmbb directory.

When i fire up cmbb... there's no file to be seen! Also when you check via explorer you cant find the file's. (not even by showing hidden folders, and protected systeem files etç)

When you download a second file, you do see the other ones! strange...

See the screenshot :

pbem01.jpg

Notice the lock on the files.

Also note that by properties you have a choice to unblock the file...
Great when you cant find the file back unde4r windows! and for me it did'nt work.. CM still could'nt see/find the file.

Notice the location of the file.

Obviously, i installed onto the C drive. and this is where i found my solution.
When i save the filoe to the D or any other drive but C, I have no troubles!!

Great.. so i made a dir tree on D where i save my pbems too.

As for the files i send, they still come from the C drive in the CM root install.

pbem02.jpg

Its a work around more than a solution.
But i dont feel like playing around with folder permissions, user accounts and security settings.

Thought i would share this, cos it had me baffeld for a bit. especially as googling brought me very few answers.

Regards Breaklight

I hail to that move of Microsoft.
Most probably reason you dont see your file is because it is in Program Files folder.
Regular user does not have any interest to peek and poke files in there.

My CM is always in custom folder so i dont have these problems...

Back