Worst One Minute of Action... of all time

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
Staff member
Reaction score
Had a complete moment of despair on Sunday when I looked at one minutes of action from a PBEM with Lt Bull. Trialling out MacIsle's new scenario H2H, myself as the American's and Lt Bull as the Germans. This happened and in my opinion gave the game to him in the span of one turn...

(Warning: Possible Spoilers for MacIsle's in development 'Under the White Manor' Scenario)

In hindsight silly move on my part but thinking I only had OP's in front me decided to press forward and not slack off the pace when it became apparent I had arty coming down close by.

Just wondering what's your best 'Lieutenant Dyke' moment?

Damn, this is a WWII simulator, they were going down WWI style! Playing that same scenario against Facman, seems good so far

Lol, I must confess to have done this a few times myself too... with similar disastrous results. :)

Ithikial
Don't feel bad buddy. I did the same thing against WynnterGreen on the left flank. But it was a combination of my own arty and then his when mine stalled my attack. Ugly, ugly

That was my first thought too, very time I heard the shells coming in I thought it was going to get worse.
Ithikial, did you rush the squads into the field to avoid the artillery ?

Yes. Heard the sounds of falling arty (perhaps 81mm) at the end of the previous turn. My guess was that after a few spotting rounds it was going to fall right on top of my company. Made the choice to escape by advancing as I hadn't had any significant contacts in front of me and didn't expect the Germans to have a force so far forward on the map. Big mistake. When those grey icons all appeared a tear formed in my eye. :D

Back
Top Bottom