Your opinion about, please!

Sempai

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I´m not interested in politics these days, but what I´d like to know is: Is this standard?

Greetings

The standard of what?
If your are for the globist agend then you would wnat the head of the european union. What the guys is going on about I believe is true the union wants to get rid of democracy as we know it. He has had enough and i have looked at other interviews with him and he is very to the point and bang on. IMO

Yes, what he says can be seen to have a good deal of credence, but on the other hand, what agenda does he have as a politician? No less a one than the EU president. The EU as a trade bloc has worked at times, and has spectacularly failed at others. EU money has helped poorer regions to try and improve their situation by redistributing the wealth of the richer regions to a degree, one might add not for purely altruistic reasons, as more developed regions give a market for the richer regions' goods etc. EU rules and regulations have not always worked, and there is a growing sense that they can impose certain regulations at will almost it seems which later can have a profound impact on EU zone citizens. Some UK politicians have stated that almost 70% of our laws and regulations now originate in Europe.

So I can see his point about the idea that unelected 'representatives' are having a disproportionate impact on our lives an EU citizens. It has also long been argued that the bigger member states have a lot more say in decisions. But who is he kidding if he thinks that adding a gloss of democracy to how certain EU jobs are appointed will make a real difference? UK 'democracy' has not exactly covered itself in glory recently. We are, as he well knows, part of a global power and trade matrix which at times has far more impact on our 'democratic' lives. Unelected chief executives, media moguls and so on impact upon our lives each and every day, and often with the compliance of our democratic representatives, so to harangue Mr EU may be an easy and popular target, but in actual fact the EU has probably provided a lot of benefits for many EU citizens, along with a few albatrosses. Unelected he may be (although I'm sure there must be some system of appointment/election by somebody?), but to mount what was a personal attack on one individual for the sins of the system has probably done more damage to his own message. Confrontational politics of this nature are all about grandstanding and pseudo-oratorial skills, which quite often obscure the real issues.

Yes more intervention from the super-state can be a bad thing, but the protection it affords to weaker states can off-set this. And the UK's independence in the modern global playground is a fallacy. So to point the finger at the EU and its bespectacled president for the ills of the modern global body politic is the easy option. The real problem with the EU is that in a country such as the UK, there is only around a 40% voter turnout, so the lack of voter interest will undermine any actions the EU takes. Yes there are a lot of unelected civil servants making decisions which impact upon our lives, but you don't have to look to the EU to find them.

And shouting and squaking like some demented parrot is not the way to get your message across. Sorry, all for free speech, and the washing away of spin and 'official' statements, but perhaps the pantomime politics which we have to often endure these days is not the answer. Don't tell me why you don't like his or her policies, tell me why I should like yours.

Phew, not bad for a morning rant:)

Yes well said Cillmhor

It doesn't really matter that the EU "president" is unelected, because as far as my understanding goes he doesn't actually have any power, he's just a representative isn't he?

As for Nigel Farage, he's just a tool who wants to drag us back to some victorian/edwardian ideal that probably never existed

Yes, well put Cillmhor.

I might add that a low election turnout is hardly the "fault" of the EU. The European Parliament is a bit of an assembly of politicians who have failed in the national scene. At least this in the Netherlands the case.
Perhaps, now that the EP is getting more "power", this will change.

Despite all the errors and waste of money I think the EU is not a bad (I just can't call it good) institution. The world is just too big for the individual European countries to make an impact internationally.

Gentlemen don't give up what little democracy we have...I believe we only have a breif moment of freedom and that is when we put the X in the box on voting day. Then they get in and do as they wish anyway...at lease in a majority.
"It doesn't really matter that the EU "president" is unelected, because as far as my understanding goes he doesn't actually have any power, he's just a representative isn't he?" from Jonny
It does matter who put him in place...take that thinking alittle further
Who put him in place? That is the million dollar question, if it was a nice group of people that are looking out for the well being of all EU citizens great. If it is a group of people that only care about their own money etc. and want to have their bank account grow on the backs of the citizens of the EU not so good.
Doesnot one find it curious that a total unknown takes power after his meeting with the Bilderburg group? Who pulls his strings?
Gentlemen there is more going on here then meets the eye.

" The world is just too big for the individual European countries to make an impact internationally. " from BertBlitzkrieg

Not true at all...look at Canada we only have a population of 33 million on a good day LOL. We are a global power, it is the people WE put in power that makes or breaks a country or a Union.
Many small EU countries have been under the yoke of larger powers and have not or are afraid of standng on their own, especially east block countries, though the protection of a large body would seem appealing after 50 + years of Soviet rule.
I could rant on for some time , but it distresses me to see people give up so easyly what little freedoms we have.

@numbers: The standard as politicans speak to each other. The standard how many polticans follow such a discussion - most seats are empty. The standard of modality - somebody will brought in without somebody knows him. And all the rest of it.

@Hedgehog: I definitely agree with You, Ted! I´m not so wise as You and I haven´t done so much as You in my life - but if my feeling and my experience says to me: I´m still a young man and with much more less life experience I see it as You - then there is something in disorder.

@Jonny: An representative isn´t powerless. On the contrary - he has one of the most powerful positions. In other case he wouldn´t be the representative. This position is what the people see - this is what they have in mind if the thinking on for example a company. If You should seen the movie "Thank You for smoking!! - You will understand what I mean.

@numbers again: I´m Your opinion - I agree with You. I lived in an east block country and now I´m living in a west block country. In the east the Soviets assigned what are happened. And my leadership was only an assembly of marionettes. I was ripped off from aliens. Now we should living in a free democracy. If this is true - I´ll rip off from my own people. If my people are only marionettes of the USA or the EU or what ever - it´s the same **** as before. The only I definitely know is: I will rip off from my leadership. It isn´t important why - the only important thing is: How can we change this to the better.

@all: I was surprised positively a politican spoke clear words. I was a little shaken about his insults. Now I would know gladly - is Nigel Farage a honest man or only a braggart who is doing sham?

Greetings mates!

P.S.: Hadn´t thought so many people would answer. Thanks comrades! :)

I must admit that I am pretty ignorant of the political situation in Europe but I do feel sorry for Britain.

I enjoyed the Brit laying it out in the open. How refreshing.
Our politicians sit in half empty chambers droning against a particular measure brought up by a member of the opposing party while addressing the opponent as his colleague or honorable friend, all the time despising everything about his honorable colleague.

I think parliamentary democracy evolves into national aimlessness, but I love the political banter in encourages in European countries (oh, Canada too). I suppose Europe's regional histories necessitates parliamentarian-ism, but I'm glad Europe has adopted it and not us.

I fervently hope that the eastern European countries who have shed the economic chains of communism can keep the EU out of their affairs whenever and wherever they can. If not, in the end they will simply exchange steel chains for a silken web. The latter will lay softly on your skin, but will bind you just as tightly.

I was in the audience at the recent Question Time in Cardiff (my wife got on the TV asking a question!) at which Nick Farrage was a member of the panel. I think he came across as a narrow minded and sentimental bigot.

I'm all for people speaking their minds and being direct it's an important part of the democratic process. However I object to cheap insults and slurs on another person's appearence. What I found even more detestable was his jibe at Belgium, didn't Brirish servicemen fight and die to liberate this country from Nazi occupation?

I'm not the biggest fan of the EU but would rather be in than out.

Back
Top Bottom