Your shaders will probably not work if you do not update to v2.0 from v1.11

Y

Yskonyn

I noticed today that the hotkey for toggling shaders in the game (ALT + R) didn't work correctly on my desktop.
When pressing the key combo I always got the Shaders OFF message in the top of my screen, no matter how often I try to toggle.

On my laptop the shader toggled ON and OFF just fine.

Then it dawned on me that I had upgraded the game on my laptop to v2.0 after patch v1.11, while my desktop was upgraded to v2.0 after patch v1.10.

Turns out this might be the culprit, because after I had copied the Normandy v111.brz file from my laptop to my desktop CMBN install, the shaders started to toggle just fine.

Be advised.

I found this post in the BF forums.
I have yet to try it myself but it sounds like it's a result.
Actually it looks like other sites still have it posted.

Softpedia CMFI Hotfix 1.00.1 (I don't think it was officially designated '1.00.1').

Extract this file. Within the extracted files, if you have a Mac, then the files will be under the "_MACOSX" directory/folder. The rest of the files are for PC. The 'shader' files are divided between ATI (now AMD) and Nvidia, so you will need to know what video card/chip you have in your computer. Copy the two appropriate files from the appropriate directory for your video card ('bumpmapping.frag', 'bumpmapping.vert') to the 'Data' directory in CMBN. CMBN will need to NOT be running when you do this. When you launch CMBN it should hopefully call up these two files to peforming shader tasks.

These files are geared towards somewhat newer video cards (which many users will be running). If you're running an Intel video chip, then these shaders probably will make not difference at all. It may or may not make a qualitative difference in what you see on screen.[/qoute]

Back
Top Bottom