You've got to love the French

J

Johnsy

[video=youtube;ONuhSumK3xo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONuhSumK3xo&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Thats quite an old clip lol, I think its the new Spike ATGM which has only been in service for a few years now so this was probably initial trials or research and development : )

I think history might prove you wrong there ; )

You surrender one war and suddenly all your past and future achievements are suddenly null . . .

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they lost the Franco Prussian war. They got flogged at the start of both world wars(even with the poms there helping them), and only got their land back after the allies(mainly yanks and poms) beat the Germans. And they were beaten in Vietnam before the Yanks got beaten there as well. I know of no time in the last 150 years that the French have shown themselves as any sort of military power that has won battles in their own right.

- WW1
The French killed more Germans and suffered more than any other country in the war. The supreme commander who led the combined French, British Commonwealth and American forces was... a Frenchman.

- WW2
Like their allies, they lost an early major battle or two, but still fought on and were one of the winning powers at the end.

...and don't forget during Napoleonic era they kicked ass and it took the combined resources of all of Europe plus Russia (and British money mostly) to defeat them :)

That was my main point : )

Back
Top Bottom