Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Jagged Alliance 3

No issues with the inventory size thus far TBH (I pretty much scrap any guns of which I already own).

Ammo is becoming a problem though (and TBH the ammo crafting capability looks painful), think I may install Tonys Black-market mod to be a stop-gap until they re-implement Bobby-Rays in patch 1.3.

One way to deal with the ammo issue is just use that K98 sniper rifle and save some of the assault guns
for later use. Look for the ones that can mount a grenade launcher mod. The SMGs are just ammo eaters
and basically useless for several reasons. The sniper rifle (one shot but loss of alpha damage) will take you
a long way until ammo is no longer a serious problem. Mod them asap to increase crit damage. They will
get you some 1-shot-1-kills early in the game.
Don't bother with machine guns. Except under specific circumstances they just aren't worth the time/effort.

Ahh, ammo is no longer an issue (didn't even install the Shop mod).

Between capturing 2nd mine (J11?) and fending of the Legion N-Night attack on Port Cacao (I11?) I am now flush with 5.56, 7.62 NATO and 7.62 WP....!!

I just realised I have left an early game stash of gunpowder (7 units) back on Ernie Island - will have to get a new hire to bring that with them so I can manufacture some more ammo when needed!

PS my only sniper rifle atm is the Gewehr 98 (7.62 NATO) - yet to find K98 or anything else. And yeah, don't see any point in MGs; the gang is all rocking assault rifles of various calibres, to ensure longevity of ammo supply.

So this is where the JA3 thread was hiding. Was wondering if anyone else was playing it. I'm loving this game. Been awhile since I've played something that just had me wanting to do one more fight or explore one more sector. The majority of side quests have been really fun, though a few have left me scratching my head a bit thinking what was the point of that. The mercs are great, too. It's definitely a Jagged Alliance game, and a good one at that, no matter what the purist stick-in-the-muds say.

Current status of my game. Two full squads and one squad with just Flay, as I really couldn't find a good use for him and his agility was way too low. Agility is king in this game. He's just hanging out by his lonesome at a Savannah outpost. All diamond mines under my control, all towns at 100% loyalty except Landsbach (85%) and Port Cacao (94%), All outposts captured
except Eagle's Nest, where the last boss resides. That's where I'm headed next.
Time for the Major to eat a bullet.
20231007010412_1.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with taking your time. Some of the side quests you can definitely skip, but there are others that end up being pretty important to the story line and affect the ending slides you get.

Just completed the game tonight, and I brought both of my squads into the last battle for the grand finale. It was pretty cool fighting with all the mercs. We fulfilled our contract with Emma Lafontaine on the in-game date of 21 DEC, so everyone was able to go home for Christmas. Total time in-country was 265 hard fighting days.

In the end, I was unable to save the president, but I killed the Major. I was tempted to throw him in jail, but, after all the death and suffering he caused, I decided a .45 cent bullet was a much cheaper solution for the poor taxpayers of Grand Chien. However, killing the Major apparently caused the Legion to view him as a martyr and they continued their campaign of looting, raping and pillaging. Never mind the fact I completely wiped the Legion out, but OK. :unsure:

I saved the the game prior to the last fight, so I'll probably try it again a couple times to see different outcomes.

Had a blast with the game, and I highly recommend it.

And yeah, don't see any point in MGs; the gang is all rocking assault rifles of various calibres, to ensure longevity of ammo supply.

MGs are actually pretty fun. However, they are very much a late-mid to late game weapon when you have enough ammo to run one. You also need to pair them with a high agility character, because the overwatch attacks are tied to your AP. They're also cheap to fire, like 3 AP per burst, when not using them in overwatch. Keep an eye out for the HK21. That MG is a beast. Definitely give them a try when you're able to.

Sitrep: After shooing away Ms Corazon and her minions Team Charlie was assigned the task of a search
and destroy mission for the remaining territory still held by the Legion in the Western half of the country.
While there are stiff quite a few side quests open most of the are either inactive or trivial and no longer
worth my time dealing with them. Most of the contested sectors are in the NE and cover about a 4x4 sector
area.
Intel told us that "Diesel" and "Night Club" keep getting a lot of mention around the town of Landsbach that
is in sectors B12 & B13. Charlie visited B13 and found the "Night Club". Talking to the populace we further
learned that "Diesel" is the drug dujour, but that was about it. Traveling west to B12 we entered the sector
that contains a mine.
Rather than my usual tactic of just blasting away at the guards, Charlie casually strolled through the sector to
see what was what. Good thing, as the mine is heavily guarded with what look to a lot of well trained and armed
guards. Taking them all down might not have been possible. We eventually saw a mansion atop a hill and therein
was a guy called Siegfried. Turns out he owns the mine and the town, but is willing to give up the mine w/o a fight
if....I do him a solid. Seems a valuable commodity (Diesel) was high jacked from his convoy and he wants it back.
REALLY wants it back. Free diamonds! Works for me.
Siegfried gave me a special coin that allowed me entrance into the nightclub. He suggested I start my investigation
there so off we went.
We were allowed inside and met with Bounce, the proprietor. Turns out the "Night Club" is actually "Fight Club" in
the evening. He said he could provide some info about the heist, but I would have to prove I could be trusted. He
wanted me to take down the current fight champion "Bonecrusher" who had overstayed his welcome. My strongest
merc made short work of him. We were then told we should head west to the abandoned gas station and talk to Travis.
We did. Over at C11 Travis confirmed the high jacking occurred right there, but a truck got away with the Legion in hot
pursuit. This is interesting as I thought the Legion was behind the theft, but they were trying to steal it off the thieves?
Hmm. Regardless, we need to head further West to C10 to try to catch up..
------
nsdgYne.png

Last edited:
Well, that's interesting.
After we captured the load of hijacked "diesel" I went back to talk to "Bounce" at the Night Club. When I was there
before he said I should come and see him first should we find the diesel before going to give it to Siegfried. He would
make me an offer "I can't refuse". Hmm. It turns out he and his crew were the one's who originally stole the diesel and
would like it back. In turn he and his boys would help me take down Siegfried and we could split the mine profits 50-50.
I accepted as I felt I really could use the help and money isn't a big deal for me now. Besides, when I last spoke to Siegfried
he confirmed his guards looked a little strange because they were the result of some bio-engineering he was into. Is that
what he was using the diesel for? Hoo-boy!
So we went and took down the mine but, unfortunately, Siegfried managed to make a clean get away, leaving his wheel chair
behind. Wait! He didn't need the chair? Was he taking diesel himself. Don't know. What is Bounce going to do with it? Don't
know and don't care. We're mercs not social workers. However, I might become one if we ever find Siegfried again.
The Legion in the East is being very aggressive, at least to the point I would like Team Charlie to join my other teams in the
East before final assaults begins. However, they are still assigned to "cleanup on aisle two" work in the West. I really have to
be more aggressive about that. The lack of progress is...annoying.
Oh, Bounce also rewarded me with a very cool sniper rifle that causes LOTS for crit damage. I thought that was nice of him.
I guess he and I are BFF's now. :cool:
-----
rgXDiC3.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know how its ingested. However, I'd skip it if I were you. Everything I know about it suggests the diesel
high is indescribable...followed by your brain rotting and leaking out your ears. Your call though.
So, some good and bad news.
The good? Charlie has finally finished cleaning up the western half of the country to the point most side tasks
have been finished and the local militia seems to have most of the territory under local control. So, Charlie has
headed East as well.
The Bad? The Legion in the East has become very aggressive as they continue their diamond/arms runs, although
I have reduced the quantity somewhat. That may not be a good thing in that I have been able to easily secure most
of them to my personal benefit. The Legion is now mounting raids of up to 11 bandits. Now, if they hit a location
occupied by one of my teams,+ fully trained militia, then they can't do much. However, if it only defended by militia
they can take down about 50% or so. And that requires my attention.
Still I am now making slow progress in the East, or was, until my scouts reported that a nearby Legion camp has...
TWENTY-NINE defenders in it. That's 29!
I'm going to have to think about that a bit. What did you say? I'm gonna need a bigger boat?

The good news is that Team Charlie finally finished up in the West. It looks as if all the
Legion enclaves have been vanquished and that the local populace and it's militia has
the land under control.
The bad is that Charlie has now moved into the East, but progress is nil. Recon has
confirmed that crazy Chien Army Col. that tried to kill Charlie has his Camp/HQ in that
very well defended fortification. Soo...the plan is to send a team into that sector in full
stealth mode and see what can be seen. I haven't tried, but I'm going to see if more
than one team can act with another in the same sector. I've done it to trade equipment
but never tried to initiate combat.
Will learn stuff soon.

Back