Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Looking for an opponent – CM:BN + CW + MG

M

Mehlsack

I have been a very active and successful CMx1-player some years ago but had to shift-down because of RL-issues. (2 small kids demanded a lot of attention). Now the announcement of “Red Thunder” whets my appetite for some PBEM-action again... I have very little experience with the CMx2-engine and hope to get some knowledge in the West before the HQ will send me to the Eastern Front… ;)

I have CM:BN + all modules updated + Dropbox. I have the h2h-helper installed too but did never use it. Could you provide some kind of short introducing?

What would I like to play?
  • rather Quick battles than scenarios
  • rather large maps + medium forces
  • rather without any restrictions regarding the force selection
  • mirror game
  • all kinds of battle (meeting, attack…)
  • 1 turn/d at least.
Regards!

Hi @Mehlsack, I'm happy to have a game along the lines you indicate above - and I use H2HH (and Dropbox) and can help with getting that set up.

You want to fire up a QB and send me a first turn? I don't mind which side I play, etc.

@PhilM: Could you set-up something please?

For the first time I'd like to command the Germans as I am more familiar with their OOB.

All the parameters as you like.

OK, that's fine I'll do that - hopefully today.

Are you OK to add your email address to your TFGM ID? You would then have a letter icon at the end of your ID panel (like mine), from which I can get your email address to send you a DB invite with the file. Avoids putting email addresses in open messages like this one.

If you still want a few pointers on H2HH (and the game, if you have any queries), would you prefer to start a private message conversation about that aspect, to take it off this public thread?

Cheers

Are you still open for a match Mehlsack? I have a couple of slots open and playing a mirrored match seems interesting....

Roger that. I will set up a 2 mirrored QBs with your parameters specified about. Large map, medium forces etc.
I also want this to be a ladder game. Is this ok for you?

@Strachwitz: I will register at the CMx2-ladder. Seems that you will achieve some cheap victories...

@DasTiger: I will send you a PM within the next few days when I am ready to start a new battle with you.

@Mehlsack : Nein, nein. So einfach ist das nicht :). Let us do a mirrored Attack QB with Allies on the attack and Axis defending. As defending (and I am definitely not experienced and good at it) is really difficult in CMBN QBs there is a good chance to score a win there. And as a long time CM1 player you definitely know how to fight. To make the transition to CM2 easier I can mate share some tips along the way playing our battles. I need 1 or 2 days finding a good map I haven't played already. I am fine with your wish to not restrict force composition. I would like to have no extreme gamey unit purchase like just rocket artillery/naval bombardment en masse and a few scouts to occupy VLs. That's the only wish I have as games like that are far away from beeing fun :). Please don't feel offended by my words I just want to make sure this doesn't happen as I had few games like that and for me the time playing one is just a time sink.

@DasTiger : Sure I would be glad playing against you. What do you think of a medium/large infantry only ME? I am right now playing one against Fredrocker and its a blast. Which side do you prefer? I don't mind playing either side....

@Strachwitz
OK. I usually don't play QB but what the heck. Why not. Do you have any of those rules that you need to abide by?
I used DB and h2hh
Just let me know. If you can do the set up that would be great. Like I said, I'm not real great at QB's.

@DasTiger : Then let's do a scenario. I still have quite much not played and always like scenarios for a change :). Do you have something in mind? Maybe you can tell me 2 scenarios you like to play and I tell you if I played them already or not. I got my share of defending in scenarios so I would like to play attacking or ME if you don't mind. What you think of it?

@DasTiger : Then let's do a scenario. I still have quite much not played and always like scenarios for a change :). Do you have something in mind? Maybe you can tell me 2 scenarios you like to play and I tell you if I played them already or not. I got my share of defending in scenarios so I would like to play attacking or ME if you don't mind. What you think of it?
How about TWC Counterattack at Moerkerke it is a new scenario at the BF site.

@DasTiger : I haven`t played that one so we can do this doubleblind. I read the german briefing and the scenario sounds interesting and the author Micheal Dorosh stands for quality. So let`s do this :).
I already set the game up with Elite settings and invited you to a dropbox folder.

Great finally playing a match against you. It is always a pleasure playing against long time FGM members. I am really looking forward to it!

@DasTiger : I haven`t played that one so we can do this doubleblind. I read the german briefing and the scenario sounds interesting and the author Micheal Dorosh stands for quality. So let`s do this :).
I already set the game up with Elite settings and invited you to a dropbox folder.

Great finally playing a match against you. It is always a pleasure playing against long time FGM members. I am really looking forward to it!
I'm looking forward to also!!! Should be great fun.

When you say double blind are you speaking of mirrored games or that we both play completely blind?

I was speaking of I haven't played this one before and I guess you neither. I hope this is I'm for you. I don't really like mirrored scenarios as this takes away a lot of immersion not knowing the opponents goals and force composition...

Im down for a game anytime, Steam ID is same as forum name

Back