Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Naval Hurricane (Early Access)

BanzaiPenguin

FGM Private
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Not my particular cup of tepid, brown beverage. I have zero interest in naval matters.
But I figured I'd point you fine gentlemen in its direction.
Still very early, basically a playable alpha-build. But if the developer can add all the stuff he wants, it could be interesting.
WWI turn-based naval battles, with a planned pausable real-time strategic map.
Looks a bit like a cross between Atlantic Fleet and Ultimate Admiral Dreadnought.

Could've sworn I posted in that sub.....
Must've had a senior moment. :)

Thanks for sharing @BanzaiPenguin. I'm on a lookout for good naval games covering that period.
Unfortunately, this Atlantic Fleet style, turn-based format, with ships stationary as they exchange fire, is a non-starter for me in naval combat simulation.

I thought that this game was kind of the cutting edge game of the genre.
I know it was released WAAY too early, but they continued to work on it a long time and even added
the Campaign Game since I last paid much attention to it.
-----

I thought that this game was kind of the cutting edge game of the genre.
I know it was released WAAY too early, but they continued to work on it a long time and even added
the Campaign Game since I last paid much attention to it.
-----
I bought UA Dreadnought before it appeared on Steam, and I am happy to have supported the developers, but I have not come to like it.
It is not a simulation - just a lot of % values, chosen by the developers, controlling everything.
For example, % hit chance. The whole salvo can go far off the target, but one shell will deviate from the rest and hit like a homing missile, because the roll of dice dictated that one must hit. Meaning, no simulation of fire control systems or ballistics. Just a hit chance value.
Unrealistic damage control. You can flood the whole battleship - and after a few minutes, the crew will pump the water out. In reality, there is no way to pump water out from a compartment with a hole in it, open to the ocean. Flooding from underwater hits cannot be fixed outside drydock, let alone in a few minutes in battle.
The ship design is interesting but superficial. You have no control over the internal arrangements of the ship or even armor layout - just a few numbers or choices that translate into more % values on various things.
It can still be a fun game... but I'm too demanding I guess. I see Sturmovik and DCS and want the same thing on the sea.

Reactions: mTk
Back