Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Tribute to the Marines

A tribute to the United States Marine Corps and the reasons why they are superior to the many organizations of the world . . .

* United States Marine Corps Birthday: 10 NOVEMBER 1775 *

1) Best haircut. Hands down. You can't have a bad hair day with a high and tight. And you spend less on shampoo.

2) Dress blues. They're the coolest uniforms in any military worldwide.

3) Bloused trousers. Another distinctive Marine look that sets the proudest service members apart.

4) The rest of the Marine sea bag. From the Alphas to the camouflage utilities, uniforms just look better on a Marine than any other service member.

5) Marines don't wear dungarees.

6) Most respect I. When the Marines pulled out of Haiti and Somalia, the media reported the U.S. military was pulling out -- as if tens of thousands of Army troops weren't still in the country. Now that's respect.

7) Most respect II. When the Corps came back to Haiti after 60 years, an old man on the Cap-Haitien beach said ``Welcome back!''

8) Toughest mascot. The Marine Corps' is a bulldog. The Navy's: a goat.

9) Esprit de Corps. Even if you can't spell it or pronounce it, the Marine Corps has it in spades. One example: When sailors get tattoos, they do it to express their individuality, and their choices range from Betty Boop and Mickey Mouse to raging sea serpents. When Marines get tattoos, they do it to express their solidarity, and choose bull dogs, ``death before dishonor,'' and ``USMC.''

10) Best war monument: Iwo Jima

11) The Marines invade, then go home. The Army has to do the occupying.

12) The silent drill team. Just watching them ply their trade makes you want to wear dress blues.

13) Status. Sailors live and work on ships. Marines go for cruises -- then hit the shore.

14) Best fast attack vehicles: LAVs.

15) Best fighting knife: Ka-Bar.

16) Best duty assignments: Okinawa, Kaneohe Bay, Camp Pendleton, Diego Garcia, Moscow, North Carolina. Plus any ship at sea.

17) Worst duty assignments: Okinawa, Kaneohe Bay, Camp Pendleton, Diego Garcia, Moscow, North Carolina. Plus any ship at sea.

18) Most exotic duty assignments: Kuala Lumpur, The White House.

19) Best phone number. Call 1-800-MARINES and you've got the Corps. And if you're a civilian with the character to be a Marine, a recruiter there will be happy to sign you up.

20) Toughest DI's. (Drill Instructors). They're so tough that when the Navy wants to train its officers, who do they call? 1-800-MARINES.

21) Toughest boot camp. When San Diego was still training Navy recruits, legend has it that recruits occasionally would jump the fence and accidentally land in Marine boot camp. The Marines would keep them a couple of days, and when the recruits were sent back, they were ready to be sailors!

22) Best motivational cries: Ooh-rah! - Attack! - Kill!

23) Best emblem: Eagle, Globe and Anchor. (Air, Land and Sea)

24) Best campaign covers: The Smokey Bear hat.

25) Separate heads for enlisted and officers. Everywhere else, officers and enlisted use the same pot.

26) The only official, congressionally sanctioned hymn for any of the services: ``The Marines' Hymn.''

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

And a few choice others...

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
Eleanor Roosevelt

“Do not attack the First Marine Division. Leave the yellowlegs alone. Strike the American Army.” Orders given to Communist troops in the Korean War; shortly afterward, the Marines were ordered to not wear their khaki leggings.

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and those who have met them in battle. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."
Unknown

The Marine Corps is the Navy's police force and as long as I am President that is what it will remain. They have a propaganda machine that is almost equal to Stalin's. Harry S. Truman

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a MARINE and his rifle!"GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

"They (Marines) have given us our only real fight."
Commanding Officer of the British, War 0f 1812

"The American Marines are terribly reckless fellows... they would make very good storm troopers."
Unidentified German officer at Belleau Wood

The US Air Force Chief-of-Staff would never be called -- Airman
The Chief-of-Naval Operations would never be called -- Sailor
The Commanding General of The US Army would never be called -- Soldier
BUT the Commandant of the Marine Corps would be proud to be called a -- United States Marine

The US Marines are a larger military organization then almost all national armies....

Which calls into question why?

The USMC is the original FGM. It is an elite brotherhood, because not all who stand on the yellow footprints can pass the initiation.

This is where I started my Marine Corps experience.

Last edited:
The first video above leaves out the reception you would have received upon your landing at San Diego's Lindbergh Intl Airport. Before we even got out of our seats on the plane, there was a Drill Instructor (DI) at the door telling all Marine Recruits to stay put until the aircraft was empty of all other passengers. Once we were the only ones on the plane, we received our first dose of DI instruction. We were loudly ordered to fall out on the tarmac in single file and stand at attention, from that point he marched us into the terminal and had us stand at attention 'Asshole to Bellybutton' (exact terminology and positioning) in the terminal while we waited for the bus to haul us to USMCRD San Diego (United States Marine Corps Recruit Depot). The civilians in the terminal walked past us silently, undoubtedly amazed as we were at what we were going through already. The Navy pukes, I mean recruits were walking about laughing at us in the terminal as we stood petrified, 'Asshole to Bellybutton'.

Their derision would continue throughout our Boot Camp experience, as their boot camp was on an adjacent base, separated by a 12' high cyclone fence. They would stand along the fence and hurl insults at us all the time, hence the need for the 12' fencing to protect them, and the eternal animosity between the 2 services. That animosity however, did not extend to the Navy Corpsmen who cared for our wounds in combat, for though they were Sailors, they ate, slept, humped the Bush and died with us, forever earning the admiration, respect and protection of the Marines they served with.

Last edited:
And who invented the marines??? Yes we did, the Dutch ;)

The Royal Dutch Marine Corps was founded on the 10th of December 1665. It is the oldest marine corps in the world.

But I'm a former armymen myself so all marines are, as we call them, fishsticks :p

As far as I know they weren't marines. The Dutch started to call them marine. That is the history I know about marines.

Just checked Wiki...

Spain
  • The Spanish Navy Marines (InfanterĂ­a de Marina) are the oldest existing marine force in the world, as they were established on February 27, 1537, by Charles I when he permanently assigned the Compañías Viejas del Mar de Nápoles (Naples Sea Old Companies) to the Escuadras de Galeras del Mediterráneo (Mediterranean Galley Squadrons). Their red trouser stripes mark the Infanteria de Marina as part of the Royal Household Corps, an honor only shared with the Royal Guard, and were given by Charles III to the marines in reward for their fierce defence of the Castillo del Morro in Havana against the British fleet in 1763.
Portugal
  • The second oldest marine corps in the world was founded as the Terço of the Navy of the Crown of Portugal in 1618. The Portuguese Navy still maintains this naval infantry corps, which is currently known as the Corpo de Fuzileiros. The Portuguese Marine Corps consists of about 1500 men, including two naval infantry battalions, a naval police unit, a special operations unit and several support units (logistical, fire support, landing craft, etc.).

LOL! I was always told that our marine corps was the oldest and the first in the world...

Like I said. I'm a armymen and never carred much about marines. Always thought they were dumb f#cks who only had 2 braincells.

1 for breathing
1 for talking shit

No offence Facman I have the highest respect for you my brother

only had 2 braincells.
1 for breathing
1 for talking shit

We must have grown a few more braincells during our intense training, as we could also shoot, fight and woo the women.

Back