Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

29th June, Sunday Op 13:30 BST - Reshmaan

DoubleD

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Regional update;

The bulk of NATO forces have withdrawn to Fallujah which is on the western border of Takistan, close to the eastern coast of the Caspian Sea. The Pakistani and Iranian advance has matched the pace of NATO’s withdrawal and their forces now encompass Fallujah, with the city becoming the focal point of a standoff between NATO and CSAT. There have been no full scale engagements between the two global treaty forces however there are reports of regular skirmishes and casualties are fast mounting on both sides. Across the Caspian Sea is Turkey and the Russian Federation. Turkey, as a member state of CSAT, has its forces on full standby and fears continue to grow that it will make advances into the Mediterranean. With Russia continuing to take a neutral stance, the NATO forces at Fallujah are isolated in the city with no further avenue of withdrawal. Both NATO and CSAT have been reluctant to make a firm attempt to secure air superiority as neither force has a clear advantage.

At the UN, attempts to find a political resolution continue however little progress has been made to date. In a statement by the Chinese government they reiterated their support for Pakistan and Iran ‘as a member state of CSAT China pledges full support for both countries in this time of trouble’. In a second statement the foreign minister confirmed that no Chinese military forces would be moving to the area at this time, however Chinese military involvement was not ruled out and would be justified under the Canton Strategic Alliance Treaty.

As Fallujah prepares itself to be the canvas for a full scale battle, the rest of the world holds its breath.

Situational update;

With Alpha becoming caught up in various skirmishes during our withdrawal from Badakhohan province the squad has fallen behind the CSAT front line. We are approximately 200km from Fallajuha with the Pakistani 111th Brigade or 'Triple-1 Brigade' and Iranian Quds force of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), in front of us. We have lost communication with NATO / FGM Command, and the long range radio has been damaged. We are currently hidden in the eastern area of Reshmaan Province. As a unit we have a decision to make, continue to try and make our way back to Fallajuha or identify our own targets of opportunity and disrupt CSAT activities behind their lines.

Mission brief;

We are currently hidden at a small ruin in the hills to the east of Faaria. Both Pakistani and Iranian forces are operating in the area with forward supply airfields to our south and west. We have seen regular supply conveys heading through the region and patrols securing local infrastructure. We need to make a decision, hold or continue to withdraw. If we hold we will need to run insurgent operations using hit and run tactics. If we withdraw we will need to identify a safe passage and decide if we move by vehicle or more stealthily on foot. A secondary consideration is refugees fleeing the combat zone. It is not clear where their allegiances sit so we also need to be cautious around civilians.

Sat_reshmaan_3000.jpg

[Pic, map of AO]

Mods required

@A3MP (ver 1.4)
@CBA_A3 (ver 1.0.6.212)
@Alive (ver 0.6.8.1406181)
@CAF_AG (ver 1.5.2)
@mad_build (ver 0.8.0)
@mad_resh (ver 0.8.0)
@NATO_Russian_SF_Weapons (ver 1.2)
@task_force_radio (0.9.2)
@JSRS2 (ver 2.1)

Optional
@BlastCore_A3 (ver 0.3)
@mrb_a3_voicestop (ver 1.4)
@outlw_magrepack (ver 3.1.0)
@sthud_a3 (ver 14.3.2)
@VTS_WeaponResting (ver 0.5)

Roles and allocation

Squad Lead - Septic
Paramedic - Nelson
Engineer - Vart
JTAC \ Signals - DoubleD
Fire Team Lead - Cohort
Light Machine Gun - Ithikial
Anti Tank - Nathan
Marksman -

Shout out if you would prefer a different slot. If we have more numbers I can open up another squad.

Last edited:
I get off from work at 13:30 BST, so I'll propably be 20-30 minutes late.
Anyway isn't Reshmaan Province Arma 2 map? Haven't heard anything about it being converted to A3 yet.

It's been converted sometime ago and makes a nice Arma 3 map. Its a good size as well which will lend to our next few Sunday Ops. Many of the other Arma 2 maps have also been converted for Arma 3. Fallujuha is one, it could benefit from some further modding but already has some good CQB areas. The nice thing about the Arma 2 maps is they are lower res so give a higher frame rate.

Search playwithsix, @mad_resh (Reshmaan Province). You also need the support mod @mad_build (building, foliage, trees etc.).
All I can find is an old Arma 2 release of the map. You meant that? I got the idea from your post that there was some newer release for Arma 3.

@ Natthan, if your happy to take the AT role that will add more flexibility to the squad. As we are up against combined arms forces rather than Rebels, AT will have a role to play. This leaves Marksman if Spear, or anyone else, wants to join.

P.S. Can my rifle have a fancy ass scope, please.

I can give you an optic of your choice from either A3 vanilla or the NATO mod but no thermal stuff. It is overpowered for balanced MP missions and puts the AI at too much of a disadvantage. The AT has a HK417 CQB, no M203. Let me know what scope or if you want a different rifle. It needs to be 7.62 NATO round, 20 mag, or we can't share ammo.

All I can find is an old Arma 2 release of the map. You meant that? I got the idea from your post that there was some newer release for Arma 3.

My understanding was the map one can pickup in the A3 repository had been tweaked to work with A3. Maybe not. Once I've identified the mods needed I plan to run a quick test before the 29th to ensure people can log on etc.

Mad_Resh & mad_build DL'd via Armaholic and dropped into the A3 folder, added to mod line and the map shows up in the editor so I should be good to go.

May not make it today, Mrs C is working next to me on a deadline for tomorrow. Apologies in advance if I'm not there.

Back