Any bored gifted map makers around?

A

Aragorn2010

If so, would you consider to make a large map of the city of Narwa in 1944? I would like to make a scenario for it, or perhaps even a campaign, but I'm pretty lousy at making maps. I can provide some pictures, including some old ones.

Send me (fgm.sempai@googlemail.com) the pictures and I´ll decide if I can help You! How much time I had therefor?

Greetings

I will send them to you tomorrow, Sempai. Take a look at them please and don't feel obliged. I'm not at all in a hurry. You can take months for it if you like. It would be great if the map was ready in a month or 3 or 4.

@Aragorn2010: Fine! I´ll take a look at it! I´m curious about the pictures.

@Nathangun: Do You need some help for Your Mapping Project?

Greetings

Send some details to nathangun @ gmail . com and I'll let ya know what I can do. :)

Hi Sempai, Nathangun,

I've just sent an email to the both of you with two pictures of what I have in mind. Please take a look at them and tell me what you think. I also have a city map of Narwa 1: 300 000 of 1940 and dozens of pictures of the frontline and the city during the fighting of 1944. And PoorOldSpike was decent enough to provide me with some nice pictures too.

Nathangun, your work on the Kiev area is very impressive. I've seldom seen such superb maps.

I'm hopeless at CM mapping but this stuff might help others, there might be more on the net,
(PS- the Germans spelt it 'Narwa')-
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Narva_River

Ivangorod Fortress (below) is on the Russian side of the river (Narva is in Estonia)-
Ivangorod_fortressNarva.jpg

Narva highway bridge
Narva_highway_br.jpg

Narva railway bridge
Narva_railway_br.jpg

Narva, Estonia. (Russia is on right of river)

narva-zoom.gif

PoorOldSpike, what would most of all help are detail pictures of the city pre-war and during the war, like buildings etc. They are hard to find to my experience, but you seem to have a talent that. Thank you for the above pictures.

Also pictures of the fighting itself would be very welcome. I already have some, but the more the better.

I've ordered the book yesterday, thank you. And I've seen those movies on Youtube too. They will surely help.

SS 'Nordland' in action at the Battle of Narva.
(This Pak is sited in the northern part of Narva town facing east. The Ivangorod fortress can be seen in the left background, and Narva Castle on the right)

SS_Nordland_at_the_battle_of_Narva.jpg

@POS: Very nice pic, Mick! I like the burning T-34/85 in the background.

@Arargorn: Let´s give it a try. Perhaps it is working. Thank You!

Those that have Mapping Mission working, what is the trick? I can draw a map but when i try to import it in to CM everything gets all screwed up. I can't figure it out. Could it be a compatability thing with Vista? Is there an upgraded Mapping Mission that is out there that I do not have. When I had my old computer, everything was fine, a little glitch here and there every now and then, but now it is almost usless. Help would be muchly appreciated.

Those that have Mapping Mission working, what is the trick? I can draw a map but when i try to import it in to CM everything gets all screwed up. I can't figure it out. Could it be a compatability thing with Vista? Is there an upgraded Mapping Mission that is out there that I do not have. When I had my old computer, everything was fine, a little glitch here and there every now and then, but now it is almost usless. Help would be muchly appreciated.

Sounds like a export speed problem. You have to lower the export speed when exporting to CM. What setting varies from computer to computer, I have it set at 30.

Check out this link for detailed help using mapping mission.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=3665&highlight=mapping+mission

Back
Top Bottom