Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

ArmA 3 session Sunday 20th November - 11:00 GMT / 12:00 CET

Its been a long while since I could join, I enjoyed the session and thanks for setting this up. These things take time to sort out, I appreciate the effort.

One piece of feedback, I’d recommend excluding the AI from the revive system. To search the AI for intel they have to be dead. I was unable to search their body whilst they were wounded, so I found the pragmatic solution was to execute the wounded. To @Redbully point, not a great fan of having to constantly commit war crimes to advance the narative.

Additionally, I repeatedly found I put the AI down, only for them to ‘wake’ up a little later, pop a morphine and then start shooting. This sometimes happened when I’m very close, which again meant my pragmatic solution was to commit further war crimes as I moved forward.

I appreciate the idea of ‘every AI dies‘ sounds un-milsim, but I needed the loving hands of @Vartuoosi to wake me up, yet the AI‘s ability to awake from multiple wounds and start spraying seemed a bit too often/easy.

I really enjoy the Hearts and Minds setting. Now it’s winter in my part of the world I’ll try and juggle my to do list to join more often. Looking forward to some H&M side missions, theres some decent content there.

Thanks again all @Redbully, @Aurelius, @Vartuoosi, @Concord, @Gnarly (2) for the session

Its been a long while since I could join, I enjoyed the session and thanks for setting this up. These things take time to sort out, I appreciate the effort.

One piece of feedback, I’d recommend excluding the AI from the revive system. To search the AI for intel they have to be dead. I was unable to search their body whilst they were wounded, so I found the pragmatic solution was to execute the wounded. To @Redbully point, not a great fan of having to constantly commit war crimes to advance the narative.

Additionally, I repeatedly found I put the AI down, only for them to ‘wake’ up a little later, pop a morphine and then start shooting. This sometimes happened when I’m very close, which again meant my pragmatic solution was to commit further war crimes as I moved forward.

I appreciate the idea of ‘every AI dies‘ sounds un-milsim, but I needed the loving hands of @Vartuoosi to wake me up, yet the AI‘s ability to awake from multiple wounds and start spraying seemed a bit too often/easy.

I really enjoy the Hearts and Minds setting. Now it’s winter in my part of the world I’ll try and juggle my to do list to join more often. Looking forward to some H&M side missions, theres some decent content there.

Thanks again all @Redbully, @Aurelius, @Vartuoosi, @Concord, @Gnarly (2) for the session
I am already working on a solution for this, but i don't think i can implement it in the running campaign as that might wipe our save data depending on how it's stored. The idea is to make any AI that wakes up ignore combat for a few seconds, and surrender if they are close to the enemy.

The mission was designed so that you are supposed to take them prisoner, you can cuff them while they are on the ground, and then heal them back up. But of course the mission is designed for a bigger group of at least 2 squads. A prisoner has more info than a dead squad, and gives us back spawn tickets if we return them to the base.

I completely agree that executing the wounded enemy soldiers is immersive breaking, but if we make them go fully dead then we can no longer take prisoners. Wake up chance can be tweaked, but that also affect the players.

I tip my hat to you, that kinda coding is well beyond my knowledge.

Whilst you‘re working on the solution, can we turn off ACE AI revive? Just so as I eat my Sunday evening dinner I don’t feel like I should be stood in front of the AI Hague :eek:. If peeps would prefer to leave it on, that’s fine, but I’ll probably leave the intel gathering to others next time :cry::ROFLMAO:

We also get spawn tickets for bringing back our own dead, in a body bag. After I took a head shot and respawned I noticed a map marker highlighting where my body was. I think we’re supposed to go and bring it back, for the tickets, which I would enjoy as a mission parameter objective.

A thought, if AI surrender when they wake up, do we risk having multiple surrendered AI on the field. As most of our major ops are hit and run because we don’t have the numbers to take the field, would we risk having to execute surrendered AI or abandon them? I’m not sure how much opportunity there really is to take prisoners

Couple weeks back we took like 4 or 5 prisoners.
This time the problem was that we were facing overwhelming numbers, the only time we could have taken prisoners was when we took out the BRDM and the team it carried but all of those guys were pretty much beyond saving since Red's rocket run messed the bad guys up real good.

Back