Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

ArmA Reforger is out

Is it worth switching to Reforger from Arma 3? It is becoming quite tedious looking after all the mods...
It's in no way a replacement of ArmA III. It does barely supports AI, doesn't have a traditonal editor and it's aimed mostly at multiplayer. Its sort of a squad light at the moment.
Its more of a stopgap and techdemo while we wait for ArmA 4.
I go by the rule if I get a hour's worth of fun for every euro/dollar/pound spent it's a good return.
That is the same as i use, and this one does not hit that unless you want to learn how to mod the new engine before ArmA 4 gets released. It has sorta been memed as ArmA Refounder.

The actual tech is rather impressive, especially going from the previous ArmA games.

Well, I bought it quickly yesterday and tried out the tutorial. Just wanted to support the development of Arma 4 and see this thing evolve, maybe get to play it with my friends, or my old Arma unit. Anyway, it immediately felt better looking and responsive then A3, but of course the lack of the myriad mods felt a bit weird. At least we get things like TFAR and Movement Improved by default in the game, and maybe more will get implemented in the future. Game right now is a bit lacking as it only has basic transport vehicles and barely a single BTR. I want to see tracked vehicles, helicopters and such being used. On the gameplay side of the main gamemode, it felt like an Arma-fied Squad. Which is funny since Squad is "Battlefield but Arma". Lots of little quirks that move a bit away from "game" to "Milsim" in how capturing terrain works.

I don't mind the idea of releasing this and getting feedback from the dedicated user base. ARMA is certainly niche and it's fan base pretty committed, it's just I don't want to pick up a title that itself will be in the bin whenever ARMA4 is released.

I don't mind the idea of releasing this and getting feedback from the dedicated user base. ARMA is certainly niche and it's fan base pretty committed, it's just I don't want to pick up a title that itself will be in the bin whenever ARMA4 is released.
I got it ... tried it... refunded it. Unstable... GPU Intensive and not much content. Waiting for ARMA4.

Back