Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Bronze Age Empires -- FOG II Pot Luck Battle Tourney/Campaign - Round 7

Participants:

1. @Rico
2. @Nelson1812
3. @Badger73
4. @Bootie

EDIT: We have a full roster now! :)

I'll need ONE more dedicated players (although want to keep things not too pressured, but maintain a reasonable pace of say 2 - 3 weeks per battle) -- I am sure @Nelson1812 is already on board :cool: -- we can start as soon as the new FOG DLC lands on 16th.

I kind off feel that with campaigns one gets stuck with playing the same armies for several months (and also if a quick player, end up twiddling one's thumbs for weeks while slower games wait to catch up)

So, I've cooked this up campaign/tourney hybrid, based on the Pot Luck Tour @Nelson1812 and I have played -- keeps regular, fun mirror battle ticking over, and provides with a WIDE VARIETY of armies and time periods to play with -- no two battles will be the same, guaranteed.

I have re-jigged this in a slightly smaller & quicker format from its predecessor and using the new "Swifter Than Eagles" DLC -- Bronze Age armies -- LOTS of chariot warfare guaranteed.

4 players, each one takes a randomly assigned faction: Red, Blue, Yellow & Green.

Pot Luck Bronze Age 1 SAMPLE.jpg

Round 1 opponents are randomly drawn.

From Round 2, the two winners from previous round battle each other and the the two losers respectively do the same.

Battles are POT LUCK Mirror Battles - which involves me as Tourneymeister letting the game draw the armies (with DATE and GEOGRAPHICAL switched ON).
All battles are MEDIUM, OPEN BATTLE with POT LUCK map.
Date range is from 2500BC to 681BC - covering the range of the new FOG II DLC.

Me as Tourneymeister will place the battles in an appropriate province:

First army drawn will designate location, if this is unavailable, then the second.
If an army draw opens up various options -- then I will roll a dice to determine the battle location.
(if province unavailable, then I will simply have the game generate another Pot Luck combo)

Any margin of victory will capture a province for the winner.

Players get ONE point per province controlled and THREE Bonus Points for controlling all the provinces in a REGION (see map).
Points get updated at the end of every Round.

ROUND 7 ONWARDS
From Round 7 onwards, the HIGHER SCORING of the two battle winners from the previous round gets awarded INITIATIVE.

This gives him three battle options:

1. Go with the usual random province & Pot Luck battle

2. Attack an empty province (he picks an appropriate army for the location and the game will pick a Pot Luck opponent) -- his opponent for this round will defend (Winner of the battle wins the province)

3. Attack any province held by his opponent for this round (he picks an appropriate army for the location and the game will pick a Pot Luck opponent) -- his opponent for this round will defend (Winner of the battle wins or retains control of the province)

The other battle remains a normal POT LUCK random draw battle.

END SCORING:
We can run it all the way to Turn 12 -- or stop at any time if we run out of steam and do final scoring.

Let me know if you are keen to participate -- we'd get going soon after the new DLC lands in a couple of days.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: This is all a lot simpler than what it looks like when explained above ...LOL

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PPS:

NOTE ON MIRROR BATTLES -- I know some players don't like Mirror Battles -- we can make them optional, but @Nelson1812 and I have found that it makes for a fair match if:
a) the random picked armies are a mismatch
b) the map radically favours one side.

@Badger73 @HOA_KSOP @Nathangun @kronenblatt @Wellsonian

Last edited:
Sorry, will never be able to keep up with the two -weeks-per-game pace. Plus that the pure pot luck setup is not my thing.

I think I'll chuck this one in as well (maybe keep a smaller version ticking over with @Nelson1812) -- stick to a few small mini-campaigns (if at that) and casual play from now on -- will try and entice some players over here from Slitherine boards with the King of Kings Tourney idea. FGM just doesn't have a big enough active/enthusiastic FOG player base anymore.

Last edited:
I've posted an invite for a player at Slitherine.

If we don't get anyone, I've re-jigged it as a 3-player affair -- it would involve TWO mirror battles per player per turn.

@Nelson1812 @Badger73 -- you happy to go with that if need be?

With 3 players it could also be quite a bit shorter in terms of turns played, as 3 provinces will be captured in the initial Pot luck rounds every round.

Pot Luck Bronze Age 1 3 player sample.jpg

Last edited:
Back