CMBN Mod Issues

Yeah I have hotmail. So how do I share and upload stuf with it?

EDIT:

it has a 100mb limit :shocked:
Again Bootie pm me your email and I'll sent it over. Then you can upload it on your dropbox for the rest of the members.

EDIT:

Again Bootie pm me your email and I'll sent it over. Then you can upload it on your dropbox for the rest of the members.
If you need a interm place to transfer this file... I can put it on my site... as long as it is under 3 GB and its not there for more than a few days....

Thanks for the offer Rick but if Bootie gives me his email I'll sent it over and he can place it in a FGM dropbox.

Thanks for the offer Rick but if Bootie gives me his email I'll sent it over and he can place it in a FGM dropbox.
I was just thinking at 1.4 GB it might take a while for email (especially this time of year... routers and switches might block it till heavy traffic slows down), but with FTP you can get'er done in about 20 minutes...

Pretty sure I used the same mod manager for the WWII East Front tank sim Steel Fury.

screenshot4.jpg

SkyDrive that I mentioned earlier has a 50Mb limit on uploads eventhough they give you 25GB of storage. You could use 7zip to upload in 49Mb chunks for larger files which I am trying right now. The transfer rate is slow but doable.

Dropbox I believe has a 300Mb limit but only gives you up to 8GB as long as you can get others to join up.

Looks like most of the mods are within the 50Mb limit so using SkyDrive should not be a problems. I am not sure how big some scenarios can get. I do know Aris's terrain mod is in 3 parts and each has to be split below the 50Mb limit. That is what I am trying now.

To much work for me... I'll go for my own plan :smile:

EDIT:

After you log into hotmail you should see a link to SkyDrive at the very top of the screen. If you dont you will have to install it. After you have it installed open it and click 'add files'. You can then browse to the file or click and drag. Remember the 50Mb limit and you also cannot drop or upload folders only files. There is a work around for this if you google uploading folders to SkyDrive but it is a bit tedious. If you really want or need the storage space it is worth it but for just using it for uploading and sharing a mod folder I am not sure.

I already had Skydrive installed but like i said above, to much work for me.

Z folder is being transfered to Bootie at this moment.

Uploaded to Bootie. Up to him to put it in a dropbox for sharing with the crew :victorious:

Your welcome all!

How do I access the Bootie 'Dropbox' to get the file please?

Its just mine... to be honest you would be quicker downloading of Battlefront..... Im haggling with myself over whether to release it or not as it takes about 5 hours to download and you could do them individually in about half an hour... LOL

I can sent it to who e er wants it? Takes about 45 min and you have whole package. Just sent me your email

Back
Top Bottom