Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

DECISIVE CAMPAIGNS CASE BLUE AFTER ACTION REPORT

S

spelk

I've just started a preview AAR of one of the small scenario's included with the game.

(Preview) - Case Blue - 2nd Kharkov AAR - Turn 1
http://sugarfreegamer.com/?p=38802

(Preview) - Case Blue - 2nd Kharkov AAR - Turn 2
http://sugarfreegamer.com/?p=43287

Game comes out on 16th July 2012, probably won't finish the AAR by then - but I'll give it a try.

This is a stand alone sequel to the original game Decisive Campaigns: Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris. Apparently, the original game will get a patch to upgrade it to include the new features available in this title.

Good looking game ... enjoyed the Warsaw to Paris ... the battles/campaigns just get too large to maintain .... wish there'd be more smaller campaigns included ... like the look of the new one.

You'll be pleased to hear that the dev, Vic, is releasing the Editor for Case Blue - so you'll be able to craft your own scenarios too. With the bonus of Slitherine/Matrix PBEM++ where finding and playing games is very smooth, hopefully there'll be a lot of life in Case Blue, without the need to plough through the monster campaigns. Although by the sounds of it, the strategic decisions you can influence in the big campaigns also sounds like a key selling point. You can try and persuade the High Command to take a different route through the campaign, with judicious use of your hard won prestige points.

Read first post of your AAR -- excellent work -- learned a LOT more about the mechanics of this game than I was aware of before... only seem to have scratched the surface of this one it seems :)

Thanks for the kind words Rico. The smaller scenarios have a lot of the features turned off, they play like quick fire operational games - which is how I mostly play the game. I try to spill out my thought process in the hope that it might help someone grasp the draw of the game. It may look daunting to play, it may seem only for hardcore wargamers, but the Decisive Campaign games (and the Advanced Tactics games) are really quite approachable if you've seen how it works. I'm still a novice myself, it has to be said, but I hope I can scratch the surface and show others how to enjoy history through this sort of gaming.

Turn 3 on the day of release.. it takes me a while to get these together, I should have known I couldn't knock out all the turns necessary before the game was released... still, it does lay it out, moment by moment, turn by turn. So could be used as a primer for newbies. Maybe.

(Preview) - Case Blue - 2nd Kharkov AAR - Turn 3

Back