Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

FOG: Medieval - Pot Luck Battles - Mad Mike vs Rico

@Mad Mike and I have been playing a series of casual FOG: Medieval Pot Luck battles and have decided to keep track of them on this simple, fun "campaign"map.

The first Army selected in the Pot Luck determines the location of the battle.
If it's a region we've played for before, we'll fight over it again.

I've dropped our last 4 results on to the map -- so far honours are pretty even.
(we're not playing Mirror Battles, so some of the selection might be a bit skewed, but so far it's been working out pretty okay)

Current battle has me playing the Anglo-Saxons (1066) playing vs @Mad Mike 's Germans (SE) (1050 - 1154).

_Rico vs Mad Mike SAMPLE.jpg

Battle ends in a crushing German victory ... the Anglo-Saxon Huscarls wilted in the face of the German cavalry.
Looks like we changed history -- turns out it was the Germans not the Normans who conquered England in 1066 ... Herman the Conqueror, not William. :ROFLMAO:

New Pot Luck battle serves up a civil war in Ireland: Irish (1320-1500) vs Irish (1320-1500)

_Rico vs Mad Mike 002.jpg

@Mad Mike won the desert battle to capture NORTH AFRICA from me -- given @Mad Mike a 4 -2 lead in Provinces controlled.

Our next Pot Luck battle takes us to NORTH ITALY: Venetian (1320 - 1399) vs German (Imperial) (1320 - 1374)
(we take turns in setting up the pot luck battles.)

I have the Venetians, who are on balance more heavily armoured troops, but are mostly mercenaries, which makes their reliability a bit dicey.

_Rico vs Mad Mike 004.jpg

Back