Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Bootie

FGM OWNER
Staff member
Reaction score
Guys can you let me know if we should keep the forum sidebar.

I only implemented it yesterday and someone has already stated he doesnt like it via e-mail as its holds nothing interesting and interferes with his browsing.

Is this the case?

Also please do advise me if the minimise arrow does not work. Once minimised it should not pop out by itself as you surf between pages.

Thanks

LOL... ok so it gets in the way when doing a posting and is distracting but yet its no effort to slide it off. Gotcha.

I didnt ask was it important just whether it should stay or not. Saying 'get rid of it' is fine I really dont mind either way as it is only a flick of a switch to turn it off but will go with what the majority think.

I personally said keep it... its no effort to slide of and in time will hold some better information.

It doesn't bother me. I have plenty of screen space with a 24" monitor. I would like to see a second "who is online" at the top of the sidebar. That would save scrolling all the way to the bottom each visit. Maybe the "Tag cloud" could go? :smash:

I voted to bin the sidebar because although we can minimise it to get rid of it, I'm finding that if we switch to a new forum page it re-appears for a few seconds, clogging up the smooth display of the new page before vanishing, it's as annoying as a crackhead Big Issue seller shouting in your ear..;)

Lynch me for saying so, but the bottom line is there's zilch in the sidebar that really interests me anyway, and when I log on to FGM, the first thing I habitually do is mutter "Oh **** off" to it as I minimise it..:)
But if it carried adverts for massage parlours, Russian and Thai brides etc I might start reading it

PS- hey Hedgehog, the final letter 'L' is missing from the word 'Alcohol' in your signature, or ain't it displaying properly on my monitor?

Ok guys I think I have come to a nice compromise that will keep everyone happy.

The sidebar will only display on the forum first page.

Once you click to enter sections or posts it will disappear.

This will mean it doesnt distract HedgeHog or bounce about when POS changes pages.

If you guys are fine with that we can leave it as is...?

Sidebar, what sidebar? I don't have anything popping up. Maybe I have a pop-up setting that is stopping it.

I saw the video. I am not seeing the sidebar on my display.

Back
Top Bottom