Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Greetings from lead of Burden of Command Team

I'm afraid @meatgrinder has it exactly right. Done it myself. It is hard and fairly thankless work. You really have to want to do it.
Perhaps I should not try a career in sales ;)
@HOA_KSOP let me know if you'd don't get the survey by tonight. I have to push some buttons :).. pushed.. let me know if you don't get

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm afraid @meatgrinder has it exactly right. Done it myself. It is hard and fairly thankless work. You really have to want to do it.
Perhaps I should not try a career in sales ;)
@HOA_KSOP let me know if you'd don't get the survey by tonight. I have to push some buttons :).. pushed.. let me know if you don't get
Luke, I will. I have been super tired and hitting the rack st 21:00 the last few nights. Had to fix stuff around the house, so no time to see. Will get to it tonight after I register my son to play hockey.

@HOA_KSOP there is no urgency, any tactical playtesting is unlikely till late fall. Get your son to Hockey and get sleep so you aren't crabby in the survey ;) Do I detect a Canadian perhaps? One of our writers Paul Wang is Canadian.

No, USA born and bred. My son saw a hockey game at four and try as my wife and I might to steer him away, he got the passion. So he's been playing since he was a first year Squirt, he's a high school senior this year. It's been a heck of a run.

Survey done,

So about NPC units, will there be a higher chance they'll pull out or be less aggressive because they are not an organic unit?
I do like they idea of a player choosing a personality type and that cause and effect plays off the leaders personality and decisions....
as well as the physical environment, the idea of suppression being a driver of unit behavior and reaction is very cool and understandable. The experience bias for determining how subordinates will react (or not) is a nice twist....

Luke, old son, I think you are on your way.

In no way @HOA_KSOP :) My coding and design just can't go as fast forward as your excellent thoughts :-( I'm stuck with duller basic stuff for now. With code you crawl along in the muck. Fighting for each step. Or so it feels sometimes!
But feel free to ask :)

Back