Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Grisby's War in the West

I have it and I played sometime, I'm going back soon on it as the 75th anniversary of D-day is close and I like the remembrance. It's complex as hell but I love how can you customize so many things, I marvel how I can be an hour changing planes from place to place, updating them and been so thrilled about it.

Run, Run away....... :runner:

This is the sort of game - like CIV (II, 3 & IV) or Operational Art of War (Yummy) - that I try and avoid nowadays due to losing parts of my life to them, in the past. but the memories are so Groggy/sexy (Also he has responsibilities now)

It is definitely not a game one can quickly start and end. Playing it is a long, drawn out process...in a good way of course.

I have played the Husky Intro scenario as the Allies, I am about 2/3 of the way through Torch to Tunisia as the Axis and have played around with the Italy 43-45 scenario as the Allies.

The ground war in very similar to WitE and can easily be picked up if you have played that game. The air war is a different beast. You can set the AI to play this aspect if you want to. It is very detailed. I am pretty sure you can drill down to each pilot (some of them historical) and their kill count. The last time I played Italy 43-45 I was having trouble with my air recon and had to find planes with cameras and then the best altitude for them to fly at. Crazy.

The naval landings and airborne drops are quite well done. They also have special forces but I cant recall how they work (ranger/commando).

AI is no too bad. In Italy as the Allies I aggressively landed on the boot after Sicily and have taken Rome by November 43. In Tunisia as the Axis, I managed one small pocket in the west but my attempt to pocket Monty's forces in the east was a failure. The Allied pressure is mounting.

The tutorial videos are a good start.

Back