I think i found the solution to the QB crash issue.

C

Cargol

I was trying to find a way to overcome that issue and i think that i found a solution.
I ve renamed the name of the QB map (putting a letter at the end of the original name)which i was going to use and then send the created file to my incoming file played the file and it worked ok now just need to test it with another player to see if it still works ok.

Ii might work , but I have tried playing QBs with myself and they work fine but they wont work with other people

Dont know,but when i ve tried to ''play'' QB PBEM exchanging the files from-to my self without renaming the map the game crashes.
When i m renaming the map it runs ok.

I was trying to find a way to overcome that issue and i think that i found a solution.
I ve renamed the name of the QB map (putting a letter at the end of the original name)which i was going to use and then send the created file to my incoming file played the file and it worked ok now just need to test it with another player to see if it still works ok.

I'll volunteer.

I'll volunteer.
Thanks, i ve allready started a test game with Bootie and we are currently at 4th turn.
No problem so far so it seems that by renaming the map file(we ve just added a letter at the end) solves the problem.

I can have a go at it also.... if need be... :)
Thanks Fredrock :)
We ve allready tested with Bootie and it's working ok,just rename the map name(adding a letter at the end)and the bug is gone.
What it would be helpful is if we could rename those files automatically with a programm or sthing as renaming all those files manually would be a pain in the arse.Another thing worth trying is a newly created map is playble or it crashes.

Another thing worth trying is a newly created map is playble or it crashes.
Bootie and I are starting a QB on a Newly made map.... so Bootie should look in his dropbox for the first turn.... :eek:

I ve renamed the name of the QB map (putting a letter at the end of the original name)which i was going to use and then send
the created file to my incoming file played the file and it worked ok now just need to test it with another player to see if it still works ok.

That's very interesting, Cargol! And this would also explain why my games that I started with Idi94 and WynnterGreen in 2.0 didn't crash - because
I re-painted the setup zones and re-named the maps too. :eek:

That's very interesting, Cargol! And this would also explain why my games that I started with Idi94 and WynnterGreen in 2.0 didn't crash - because
I re-painted the setup zones and re-named the maps too. :eek:
Yeah i ve tried both ''versions'' a map with repainted set up zone and changed name and a map with only changed name.
Both of them worked so i presume that it's enough to change the name to avoid the bug.
At least we have a way to move our games till BFC releases a patch or a hotfix.

Yes! You found something against this BUG PEST! :D

Great discovery!

You should be awarded a "bug fixer" ribbon or something like that! ;)

Perhaps someone could set forth a step by step "how to" for altering a QB map name, for those of us here (read: me) that are not otherwise knowledgeable in such things.
Open the scenario editor, select the load option(up left corner of the screen) then open the ''quick battles maps'' folder,choose the map u want to change the name press the save button(up left corner of the screen)and add a letter at the end
For examplle map Asslt Large City QB-233 will be Asslt Large City QB-233C .(it might work if you change the whole name but i dont know)
Then when choosing the map in which to fight your QB choose the one you have altered the name.

That's very easy, buddy: Open the scenario editor, pick a map (e.g. Attk-QB-MAP-249) and save it as "Attk-QB-MAP-249-X" (example) or something like that.

Before starting a game, I'm always re-painting the setup zones exactly square by square (because the most maps are "Allied Attack Maps") and save them as
"Axis Attack Map" with a new name, e.g. "QB-MAP-249-Nort-Shork-repainted". This always works. ;)

LOL! Everybody is answering in this thread at nearly the same time! :)

You need to change the name in the editor.
Note that the 'old' map remains there so u ll actually have two same maps but only the ''changed'' one
will be playable in 2.0 version.

Back
Top Bottom