Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Indy and the dial of destiny

BanzaiPenguin

FGM Private
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
No.
Just.....No. :ROFLMAO:

Okay, there's every chance that this is just me being a grumpy old fart, but really now.
Granted, I miss practical effects, but I'm not a purist. I'm all for digital FX when they're done well. Big fan of the MCU, for example.
But if you use digital effects, be aware that the audience has become a lot more savvy.

I lasted a grand total of 40 minutes into this disaster, and it's just BAD.
VFX looks like.....Well, remember those 60's movies where you had people talking in a car, and it was just painfully obvious that it was a set with a movie projection behind it? Yep, welcome to the new Indy.
You've got moving trains with the actors standing on what is obviously a set roof, and amateurish VFX in the background.
You've got rooftop chases about as convincing as a small puppy sitting next to a damp piece of carpet.

Oh, and just to top it all, the McGuffin in this flick is the Antikythera......
For those who don't know, the Antikythera was/is a device discovered in a shipwreck off Greece. And there was much ado about it, since it was the first sign of an analog computer.
But basically, the Antikythera is an ossery. It predicts planetary positions based on your present position.
Don't get me wrong, it's a cool device, and very, very high-tech for the Bronze Age.
But I'm not going to get emotionally invested in a device that high-school students are making for the science fair.....
Nor are you going to sell me on the notion that there's another part to the device which enables you to detect tears in the space-time continuum.

I thought the Crystal Skull was as bad as it gets. I have now been proven wrong. :LOL:

Back