Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Kampfgruppe Dutch Grenadier: Day 2, DAWN (03:00 - 06:00)

@Rico

Grouppe DG (now Grouppe Floki) has been digging in unmolested in Stodenka since dusk yesterday. What kind of defensive assets would I receive? Foxeholes, TRP's

Also, I'd like to thank you for taking the time and effort to run a campaign like this. I look forward to participate in this and many others in the future. :)

Mainly just foxholes and TRP's... no availability of landmines or pionier assets to create any more elaborate fortifications at this point.

Usually work to ratio of one foxhole section per half-squad of infantry or per MG or AT team or HQ team.

@Dutch Grenadier : Roger that! Hope we wont get encircled on that plain...:(

I don't think so. There are 2 Russian armor units already passing by in the North. The third is on it's way and is the one you will engage. By the time the Russians realise what is going on Gruppe Mad Mike is (hopefully) relieved. I had summuned all commanders to my HQ so the Russians could not have intercepted the orders. ;)

Mainly just foxholes and TRP's... no availability of landmines or pionier assets to create any more elaborate fortifications at this point.

Usually work to ratio of one foxhole section per half-squad of infantry or per MG or AT team or HQ team.

But we had a very long break from any contact so soldiers had enough time to dig some good postions like trenches and foxholes. :)

@Dutch Grenadier : Herr Oberst, Since receiving my field command I have been pouring over our situational map. Are we not to expect any reinforcements today! If so then today will prove to be difficult indeed. Have we planned for a tactical withdrawal in case our positions get overrun? How aggressive do want me to be in my defence of Stodenka, to the last man or may I retreat and preserve the Panthers if the situation becomes hopeless.

Do we have any idea how we will be reinforced in days ahead.

Are we not to expect any reinforcements today! If so then today will prove to be difficult indeed.

True but as always reinforcements come when they come so we need to hope they arrive :)

Have we planned for a tactical withdrawal in case our positions get overrun?

Nope... ;)

How aggressive do want me to be in my defence of Stodenka, to the last man or may I retreat and preserve the Panthers if the situation becomes hopeless.

Try to destroy as many as you can with minimum losses. If you think you are lossing to much units ask me for a withdrawl.

Do we have any idea how we will be reinforced in days ahead.

Nope :D

Dont you just love combat!!! :)

Herr Oberst, I will set up my defences like a sly fox and break the backs of the Bolsheviks at Stodenka. I pray that Minsk has not forgotten about us.

Its probably been said before but it bears repeating "I love the sound of 88's in the morning, it reminds me of.... victory"

Closely followed by "One day this war's gonna end..."

If i take a Look to my Position in the south, think the first order to give is to dig manholes.
The Wood will us give cover.
But hope that the russian dont know that is our weak point,
if they break through here, they could encircle us!

Ok, processed all the orders -- here is how it all played out.

Rik-DAY-2-DAWN2-GER.jpg~original

From North to South

1. Gruppe Mad Mike moves south to map reference P4 -- makes no enemy contact, but does hear enemt tank and vehicle movement off to the west in direction Uborok, but visibility not good enough yet for visual confirmation.

2. Gruppe Mehlsack (plus the 2nd Panther platoon) advances to rendezvous with Gr. Mad Mike but at 04:00 runs into enemy armour moving along the Kurgan road -- a ME battle in the flat, open farmland ensues. The 120mm heavy mortars at Stodanka are ready to fire in support.

3. At 03:30 a frantic call of "Panzer!!" is radioed from the HQ Group of II PzGren Btn which is watching the crossing over the Solchi stream at Zharav'ye NW of Rikonovo: "Enemy tanks and recon infantry are probing the river crossing! Request instructions and immediate artillery fire on the bridge and stream crossing!!"

4. The Pz IV Gruppe (HQ + 1st Platoon) have arrived at Rikonovo. -- (OOB has an error, they have no Wirbelwind Flakpanzers assigned)

5. Hauptmann nathangun has arrived at K( with the PzPionier Platoon.

6. The detached Pz IV platoon assigned to Gruppe Robslion has arrived at the vuillage of Stayki only to discover that the forest terrain at the river crossing is too dense for vehicles.

7. At 04:30 radio intercepts were made that confirm prsence of the 23rd Motor Rifle Brigade in the area between Novoye and Kholkoz 121. Also enemy signals mention heavy mortars and SU assault guns in position.

8. At 05:00 artillery fire falls on the positions of Gruppe Richtig which is soon under attack from both across the Bobr river and from the direction of the Russin bridgehead across from Novoye.

@Dutch Grenadier
So, there are possible battles -- please assign any available artillery support fire and we'll get the battles going as soon as I can get them set up.

Alright it seems that the sh!t has hit the fan...

@Rico
The unit at I4 is retreating to J7. Not going to risk loosing any men at this point. The Flak88's shell the river crossing at I4. The bridge is destroyed by the retreating units. (They had just enough time to rig it with explosives)

The 120mm mortars will support hauptmann Mehlshack.

The PzArt gruppe will support hauptman Richtig.

I can't find the unit strenght for I4???

Last edited by a moderator:
Back