Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Medieval Europe

Bootie

FGM OWNER
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
French advancing in Battle of Agincourt, 1415.
NPYrezx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re:Crecy. The French also didnt read their Sun Tzu :). The french infantry never made it to the battle and the Knights decided to go it alone. I am an avid reader of the 100 years war series by Jonathan Sumption. 3 fat books so far and Joan of Arc hasnt even been mentioned so far :).

Re sieges, especially in the 100 years war, the bigger the castle or town the better, because besieging big places required bigger armies that usually ran out of food much faster than the besieged. Thats why the English never seriously attacked Paris.

Last edited by a moderator:
Screen shot of the 2000 year old Roman wreck in 2000m of water in Black Sea discovered in the year 2017.
Is about Roman ship lying in over 2,000 meters of water, with its mast still standing, both quarter rudders with their tillers still attached and the yards lying on deck where they fell. Rope is still draped over the frames due to the extraordinary preservation of organic materials in the Black Sea’s anoxic conditions.
QmnxyZ5.jpg

OOOOH.......CASTLES..........

Ya see the nicest things in castles.........2017, Portugal........ see here for more info.......and before you ask......NO .....it doesn't include her phone number..

IMG_1445-L.jpg

I took the wife there, and we travelled in style.......

IMG_1488-L.jpg

Steve

Last edited:
Lloret de Mar.......on holiday in 2016.....ok so I cheated......this one was built in the 1930's to look like a medieval castle......

P1030499.jpg

@steve I love his motorcycle.:D

Hi Louis,
That was Yahama 125cc scooter.......I rented it for four days and covered over 300km's on it with my wife on the back - we had a great time on some great roads in Portugal.

I've had motorbikes for many years, with a particular penchant for BMW's........my current ride is a 20 yr old BMW R1100R.

IMG_0049-XL.jpg

.....here's my ride home from work.......

Travel is in my blood, all down to my childhood when I was lucky enough to go all over the place whilst my dad was in the army.

This year we are off for a week to Mojacar in Spain, and later another two weeks in Portugal.

Next year we are going back to Canada for a fortnight - that country is so beautiful and vast - we love it there.

Steve

We visited here on our grand tour of Normandy...

The Château de Falaise is a castle located in the south of the commune of Falaise ("cliff" in French) in the département of Calvados, in the region of Normandy, France. William the Conqueror, the son of Duke Robert of Normandy, was born at an earlier castle on the same site in about 1028. William went on to conquer England and become king, and possession of the castle descended through his heirs until the 13th century when it was captured by King Philip II of France.

Possession of the castle changed hands several times during the Hundred Years' War. The castle was abandoned during the 17th century. Since 1840 it has been protected as a monument historique.

4rUb05K.jpg

Back