Model Gallery

P

PoorOldSpike

I just had the idea of starting and stickying this thread for us to post pics of our finished creations, including those from the past..:)
I''ll start the ball rolling with this pic of part of my Tamiya 1/35th collection, I had about 60 models at one time, but attrition whittled them down over the years. Moving house a few times inflicted a high damage/loss rate (thank you removals men) and I also gave some away to my mates,or sold some to people, our cats chewed the gun barrels off a few, and my sister smashed a few up after family arguments, ha ha ..

modelsB.gif

I also dabbled in radio-control planes, this is my 42" wingspan Cessna, we can include the odd r/c model plane/ship or tank etc for good measure if you like..:)

skyl.jpg

G'day all, some of you may recognise my tag from another forum(ACG) anyway, here is a pic of a Tamiya IS-2 I built some time ago, and yes the extra armour was a real field modification.

thehouse189.jpg

thehouse191.jpg

thehouse193.jpg

Thanks!
The fuel tank with battle damage was scratch built from thick foil, the others tanks are the normal plastic pieces from a Dragon kit, I used those because they had 'dents' molded in them. Plus the extra armour is made from tin, which was excellent for getting the right shape and thick enough to look realistic.

As for making the battle damage, I simply used a sharp metal point and pierced the foil, good for bullet holes.

Nathan...thats a F-105 Thundercheif...or THUD.....Fighter Bomber and in sthis case used in a Wild Weasel role. Thats where the aircraft is flown to attract SAM radar, then launches Anti Radar missiles to take the SAM sites out.....or as my Dad would call them," Crazy "Motha @#$'s "

Spectacular, AB!!

Thanks, although the F-22 has come of second best with my cat.... it knocked a few pieces off but still fixable. The Mirage IIIC will be replaced with a better version one day, possibly an Eduard kit(better quality parts).

I have posted a couple of these here in seperate threads so I'll just give one shot each of what I've got that's worth showing.
From the late 70's:

Invasion of Poland
IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

Hermann Goering Division MarkIII Ausf.M - Italy
IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

Waffen SS in Russia, 1943
IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

rb

From the early 80's :

Invasion of Greece, 1941
DSCN1383.jpg

DSCN1387.jpg

"Hetzer in the grass"
Hetzerinthegrass.jpg

IMG_0001-1.jpg

"To the last round"
DSCN0128.jpg

DSCN0127.jpg

Barbarossa BMW
DSCN0135.jpg

DSCN1282.jpg

Barbarossa SdKfz 250
DSCN1358.jpg

DSCN1356640x480.jpg

rb

2007 to Present :

Opel Blitz mit flak38
DSCN1288.jpg

DSCN1293.jpg

Pantherstellung Italy, 1944
300b8e0d.jpg

6f6d4ec1.jpg

Confederate Artillery Sharpshooter
DSCN2054.jpg

DSCN2062800x600.jpg

France 1940 Command Group
DSCN21980001JPG.jpg

DSCN25660001.jpg

razorboy

Some more of my r/c planes (balsa wood) from my 1970's r/c phase. All were my own design except the Robot, they're not exact scale models. Their wingspans were 3 to 4 feet and all flew fine. Some crashed (pilot error), and some I sold off or gave away.

Der Afrikabomber
RC-AfKorpsBmbr1979.gif

Italian bomber
RC-ItalianBmbr-1975.gif

Jap carrier bomber
RC-JapCarrierBmbr1977.gif

RC-Mailplane-1974.gif

Wow, very impressive work Spike. What made you leave the hobby?

It was just a 10-year long phase I went through, remember in the stone age (1970's) home computers weren't generally available so we had to do r/c modelling to get in the air, but now I do all my flying with PC flight sims..:)

Back
Top Bottom