Need help with Patch v1.11

Cargol and I are playing 3 CMBN games (Sie Kommen tourney and mirror LMS6 games). We need help.

I sent all three turns to Cargol. Then the patch came out and I updated. I told Cargol that I did. He sent me back the three game turns and stated that he is all patched up too.

Now, when I try to load any of the three games, the startup bar hangs up at 93%. When I patched up, I took the Z file out first as warned. When I start the game in single player mode, it works perfectly.

Any thoughts?

Did youopen the files on the Command phase and save it, then install the patch, open the save file complete the commands and then send it off.... This needs to be done by whomever has the turn at the time of the upgrade...

As per other thread

I think it works like this:

Load all your PBEM games that are on your turn.
Save each one during the Command Phase (NOT the Replay Phase) BUT DONT HIT THE RED BUTTON
PATCH
Load your PBEM game, issue commands, HIT THE RED BUTTON

I patched without renaming Z and they seem to be fine, but if you have a lot of mods, back them up might be a good idea.

No thought from me. The only thing from me is that EXACTLY the same crash happens to me. ALSO with Cargol.

You know, ever since I bought CMBN, I got more crashes from battlefront than mortar shells from my opponents.

I do not know what to say...

Nort
Hi Nort, to recover your started PBEM you need a CMBN ver 1.10..

1) Then load last turn (generated with CMBN 1.10 (NOT PATCHED) ..
2) Watch the Replay ..
3) Enter in the Command Phase..
4) Save the game .. now you have not an .ema file but a saved game. It is important that you save and don't hit the red button.. like if you would partially save your orders to continue later..
5) Exit CMBN 1.10
6) Start CMBN 1.11
7) Load the PBEM you just saved (it is in the Saved Game folder, not Incoming Folder)
8) Process the turn
9) Send the file to your opponent
10) He will be able to process it with CMBN 1.11

I had the some problem,, a game seemed lost.. but i recovered thanks to a non patched version on my laptop.

No thought from me. The only thing from me is that EXACTLY the same crash happens to me. ALSO with Cargol.

You know, ever since I bought CMBN, I got more crashes from battlefront than mortar shells from my opponents.

I do not know what to say...
Come on dude, you are trying to start the game since 8 of November one month before the patch.I did exactly what was stated also here also in BFC Forums.Actually my game against Krieger for the Double elimination tourney is running smoothly and I did the saving of the turns.

Cargol?

Did you do this?
Yeah and i dont have any kind of problem in my game against Krieger for the Double elimination tourney
as for the Z file you might need to take it out beofre patching just to make sure that some mods will not mess up the game UI not that it might cause the game to crash on you.

Come on dude, you are trying to start the game since 8 of November one month before the patch.I did exactly what was stated also here also in BFC Forums.Actually my game against Krieger for the Double elimination tourney is running smoothly and I did the saving of the turns.
hmm... Cargol, I am confused. You think it is my fault? Or you think I intentionally pretend something like crash or something? I do not quite understand. You seem to be unhappy about my blaming of BFC. And why is that please?

It is crashing and I am just seeking help here. Oh well, it is the first game I have with BN. And it is like this, and I paid $50 to BFC and * I AM THE ONE TO BLAME * ??

Chill out please,
''The only thing from me is that EXACTLY the same crash happens to me. ALSO with Cargol.''
Read the line in brackets and then tell me in the first place who told Who's fault is it?
I dont have any affiliation with BFC so as far as i m concerned you can curse them how much u want/like.

I heard there are problems with the Mac Patch.... and I have read a thread or two over at BFC that you must have your machine fully patched up... Also ensure you dont have your 'Real Time Scanning' ON for your anti-virus program....

Chill out please,
''The only thing from me is that EXACTLY the same crash happens to me. ALSO with Cargol.''
Read the line in brackets and then tell me in the first place who told Who's fault is it?
I dont have any affiliation with BFC so as far as i m concerned you can curse them how much u want/like.
Hey, buddy, I really did not mean to point the finger at you ---- I was only stress the similarity ---- strictly technical (not personal) ---- to seek help (so that others with more knowledge might have a better clue.
Now that I see your confusion, I sincerely apologize here on my wording. I should have been more careful. Sorry buddy, I will be more considerate next time :)

OK, now the crash is still there, need to figure out what to do.

Oh, one thing is that I could not download from BFC (it uses p2p 3rd party site which is not allowed by my internet provider) ----- so I used the file you update your BN ---- ha! But there is a mac/pc version differece, are you using MAC? I am using PC, if I screw up here, I do not know how serious the damage is (i.e. I used Mac patch to patch my Windows Version of BN). Fredrocker, if that is indeed the case, is there any solution or I will have to uninstall and do everything from scratch?

Many thanks all!

No worries pal.
I m using PC and as i ve told you i have a game with Krieger that it's running ok.
Do not know why i have this problem in the other games.
I followed closely the instructions saved the game using 1.10 version at the Command phace patched the game and loaded the game with the new version 1.11 issued orders and then pressed the red button.

IMHO, I would reinstall the game and patch it up to 1.11 using the PC patch for PC... Remember to turn off Anti-Virus... also I would ensure you have the lastest patches for your video card and your OS....

It is very strange.

I too have the crash still. Yet, I tested with an old 1.10 saved game file, issued orders and pressed red button, so it created now a 1.11 PBEM file in outgoing folder. I then copied that file back into incoming folder, and opened it, it is ok. (I do not know the pwd, but at least it went all the way through to ask me the pwd).

However, with the file from Cargol, it still crashes at 93%. (BTW, the test file I used was actually the setup phase of the game with cargol, I happened to save the file in the middle of the setup, so I had one old file by chance).

Let us ask around, maybe we are not alone.

Nort you can try to make the file combatible with 1.11 and forward it to me
Normally as u dont use H2H you ll have the previus files.
Like this we ll also see if the corrupted file was ,for some reason generated by me, and also solve the mystery for my game against Id 94

Nort you can try to make the file combatible with 1.11 and forward it to me
Normally as u dont use H2H you ll have the previus files.
Like this we ll also see if the corrupted file was ,for some reason generated by me, and also solve the mystery for my game against Id 94
The problem for that is if he did not save anything in command phase before AND he already upgraded to 1.11, then there is no way he can open those old PBEM files any more. Oh sorry, he CAN open them, but once he starts to replay at some point(or hit the red button to enter command phase), it will crash. I was lucky that I had the saved file while I was doing the lengthy defense setup.

Back
Top Bottom