Noob Basic Questions --- veterans please help! Thanks!

11) Also, one thing I noticed that even with small arms only (no mortar, no tank support), my supposed-be-ambushing units in well-"protected" positions (such as buildings or multi-story buildings) ---- got wiped out fast by incoming fire, some times even without being able to ID the enemy units. Quite often my unit may have a LMG at least. I tried with light teams, heavier team or even full squad. But the results are similar, without support, my "ambushing" force still got wiped out easily by the attacker (probably merely consisting of 2 squads). After battle, I check the kills of each side, and find that my "ambush" almost killed nothing. Yet a whole squad is done.

So this is also a relavant questions: how do you guys use buildings in BN?

12) Trees are individualized visually, so there is no such terrains as "woods" any more. Tanks and vehicles can enter any wooded area now. How do infantries use wooded terrain to their advantage? Is the wooded terrain now only serve as concealment ? (vs. providing good cover as in old BB)

These were two unanswered questions I asked a while ago(I did not label their seq. #s before), just to bring them out ---- chances are that they were buried and you guys can't see them any more. Many thanks!

These were two unanswered questions I asked a while ago(I did not label their seq. #s before), just to bring them out ---- chances are that they were buried and you guys can't see them any more. Many thanks!

I might be giving the wrong answers to your questions, but here goes.

To question number 11, where your troops on 'Hide' mode and where they given a 'cover arc' ?
If on hide, your troops will lose a lot of LOS and might not have seen an enemy squad coming from a certain direction.
I usually split squads in buildings to get more all round defense.

A.12)
In the CMBN map editor I think there a 4 different types of dense settings for trees, so while you could drive a tank in one wooded area you might not be able to in another.
Trees still do provide good cover, if there is foliage/bushes on the forest floor it will have more of a concealment value.

Hope this helps.

Also there are different types of buildings, providing different levels of protection from enemy fire,(or this is what i ve read)

3. The calculation of the victory level is comparing the overall points ratio between the two players according to this formula:

A = points for the side who had more points
B = points for the side who had fewer points

then

V = (A + 10) / (B + 10)

and

V < 1.25 Draw
V < 1.75 Minor Victory
V < 2.5 Tactical Victory
V < 4.0 Major Victory
V >= 4.0 Total Victory

This should be correct, according to a discussion on BFCs forum (http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?p=1279224&highlight=total minor major victory#post1279224)

Just a quick heads-up, the above has now been officially confirmed by BFC with an entry in the new manual for CMFI:GL.

In addition to the calculation, percentage of overall points achieved is used to determine the victory level.
So you will need at least 30% of all potentially achievable victory points for your side in addition to the factor V being larger than 1.75 and lower than 2.5 in order to score a Tactical Victory.
The percentages for Major and Total Victories are 55% and 80%, respectively.

Back
Top Bottom