Patch 1.11 is out! (READ HOW TO UPDATE)

W

Walter Shumate

NEW v1.11 GAME FEATURES

• Corrected crashes related to barbed wire units.
  • Corrected a rare crash/hang problem in WeGo "blue bar" calculation.
  • Corrected the occasional failure of "buddy aid" to retrieve useful ammo from fallen comrades, and accidentally to adopt their targeting orders.
  • Corrected a problem that sometimes made fortifications too hard or too easy to spot.
  • Panther "shot trap" on the lower turret mantlet (potentially) deflects shots downward into the hull as expected.
  • British 95mm HEAT shell has correct amount of internal explosive (reduced from before).
  • Corrected a problem in WeGo mode that sometimes caused vehicle passengers to rotate forward when they should not.
  • TCP/IP "chat" text is easier to see clearly.
  • Teams that are part of a squad properly retain their setup positions from the editor.
  • SPW 250/10 and 251/9 halftrack loaders perform correctly when vehicle is buttoned.
  • Wood bunkers are a bit tougher to knock out.
  • Corrected a problem that sometimes gave on-map artillery the ability to shoot through intervening terrain.
  • Corrected a problem that sometimes incorrectly restricted on-map artillery from firing smoke missions.
  • Targeting a TRP directly using the mouse works correctly.
  • Corrected a problem that occasionally caused a destroyed building to have "floating" rubble.
  • Prone soldiers on a slope angle their bodies correctly.
  • Bolt-action rifles properly show the spent casing ejected when the bolt is operated.
  • Corrected an issue with command & control values being promptly updated when splitting a squad.
  • Tiny explosions don't damage tank tracks so much.
  • Corrected some AI issues that caused soldiers to move away from their teams, or caused the team to be "stuck" and not move when they should.
  • In the editor, hedges allow co-placement of trees like bocage does.
  • Light wounds to crew are slightly more likely to cause AFV bailout.
  • Corrections made to Luftwaffe and Waffen SS camouflage helmets.
  • Updated graphical shaders.
  • Updated vehicle models (Commonwealth module): Wespe, PzII Lynx, Marder I, King Tiger, Jagdpanther, Cromwell, Churchill.
On the Mac side, there were Mac specific graphical and stability fixes:
  • Fixed "blockheads" problem.
  • Increased performance significantly for most Macs.
  • Fixed some bugs that were keeping Combat Mission from starting on some Macs.
  • Improved compatibility with some integrated Mac video cards.
  • Fixed "flickering icons" for most Macs.
  • Fixed some Mac-specific crash bugs.

This is great news. Now...when do we upgrade to avoid messing up our PBEM games? I hate that dance but am thrilled with the upgrade.

According to Battlefront there should be no problem upgrading during a running PBEM.

PREVIOUS SAVE GAME COMPATIBILITY NOTE:

Save games from previous versions ARE COMPATIBLE with v1.11, provided that you save your turn-based games in the COMMAND phase (not the replay phase) before upgrading

Agreed, this is a welcome early Chrimble present.

I've sent messages to my CMBfN opponents asking to let me know if/when they upgrade. Hopefully I won't have to have a second installation, but I'm prepared to do it if necessary.

Cool Beans..... I have downloaded but am holding off the install until all opponents respond...

Well I have current games going with Underfire and Fredrocker..... if we three pull the trigger and update immediately, maybe we can force a snowball effect of compliance?
I'll just message the rest of my opponents, inform that I've upgraded and consider them 'inferior' until they comply.

I've updated, you just need to make sure you save your current PBEM during the command phase, not the replay phase, before updating.

Do this for all games that are on your turn.

Do you have any mods, loaded Wynnter and please let me know if you see any problems.... I got about 3 GB of mods... lol all of Aries, etc, and some of my own with Kilroy on the units... lol... I know you just rename the Z folder to poopy folder, load the update and then open the game, check it, and then change the Z folder back to its right name... thus it should be Wallah.... but again this is BFC... lmao

I think it works like this:

Load all your PBEM games that are on your turn.
Save each one during the Command Phase (NOT the Replay Phase) BUT DONT HIT THE RED BUTTON
PATCH
Load your PBEM game, issue commands, HIT THE RED BUTTON

I patched without renaming Z and they seem to be fine, but if you have a lot of mods, back them up might be a good idea.

I think it works like this:

Load all your PBEM games that are on your turn.
Save each one during the Command Phase (NOT the Replay Phase) BUT DONT HIT THE RED BUTTON
PATCH
Load your PBEM game, issue commands, HIT THE RED BUTTON

I patched without renaming Z and they seem to be fine, but if you have a lot of mods, back them up might be a good idea.

Ahhhh. that is very informative.... thank you sir....

I've left a query on BattleFront forums to confirm the PBEM game procedure is correct.

The new version is 1.11

I've now installed a legacy version, 1.10 (The one most are currently on).
So if it turns out saved games don't work between versions, I can still complete current games with my opponents.
It's not a big install, so probably worth the effort.

Version 2.0 of Normandy ISN'T far off either and we'll all be doing this again, so it might be worth a few people creating legacy installs.

WynnterGreen and I followed the above instructions and are exchanging turns fine on 1.11 ....Good Job Wynntergreen...

Agreed, this is a welcome early Chrimble present.

I've sent messages to my CMBfN opponents asking to let me know if/when they upgrade. Hopefully I won't have to have a second installation, but I'm prepared to do it if necessary.

Unfortunately the uninstall and re-install process COULD cause problems with the BF licensing system... - it's always "dangerous" to unistall CM from your PC. :(

I've left a query on BattleFront forums to confirm the PBEM game procedure is correct.

The new version is 1.11

I've now installed a legacy version, 1.10 (The one most are currently on).
So if it turns out saved games don't work between versions, I can still complete current games with my opponents.
It's not a big install, so probably worth the effort.

Version 2.0 of Normandy ISN'T far off either and we'll all be doing this again, so it might be worth a few people creating legacy installs.

Good idea - but I for one can't make a second install because my Norton Antivirus has killed all licenses during the first game installs and I didn't receive them back...
I'm already using the very last exceptional extra license from BF....

I really hate their defective, non-working, half-baked, proned to breakdown licensing system. :mad:

A friend of mine already quit playing CM forever because during the CW module update and the hazzle with Windows 8 he lost all licenses over the time
by uninstalling and re-installing the game and now can't play it any longer allthough he has paid a lot of money for it...

Just telling you all to be careful with the installments. o_O

Unfortunately the uninstall and re-install process COULD cause problems with the BF licensing system... - it's always "dangerous" to unistall CM from your PC. :(

erm, I'm not uninstalling anything, I'm installing a second copy on my PC. In fact I have installed a second copy and have not experienced any licensing problems.

Going forward I intend to keep both copies on my PC for upgrades/patches/modules.

Aah, so you always have one version before the latest patch on your computer for all cases - now that's clever! ;)

Thank you for this tipp! Would do so too but unfortunately I have no license left.

(Thank you, Symantec Corp. and BF for talking to each other... )

erm, I'm not uninstalling anything, I'm installing a second copy on my PC. In fact I have installed a second copy and have not experienced any licensing problems.

Going forward I intend to keep both copies on my PC for upgrades/patches/modules.
For some reason unseen, I can't do that... it forbids to install a second copy on my computer. I emailed and called back and forth with BFC, they told me that it is not allowed to do that. :(

How did you do it, man?

For some reason unseen, I can't do that... it forbids to install a second copy on my computer. I emailed and called back and forth with BFC, they told me that it is not allowed to do that. :(

How did you do it, man?

I had initially installed it into a non-default directory. For this second one I installed it into the default directory.
I then installed CW and everything runs fine. No request for license verification.

Back
Top Bottom