Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[PIC GALLERY] Cars

On the streets of NYC, bankrupt investor Walter Thornton tries to sell his luxury Chrysler Imperial “75” Roadster for $100 cash following the 1929 stock market crash.
aYRulxh.jpg

That photo is great quality, it really brings the era and subject matters to life - great find Louis.

This past weekend I visited two car museums in Newport Rhode Island (my brother lives nearby).
The Audrain and the Newport Car Museum.

The Newport had this to start off with:

The Benz Patent-Motorwagen ("patent motorcar"), built in 1885 by Karl Benz, is widely regarded as the world's first production automobile,[1] that is, a vehicle designed to be propelled by an internal combustion engine. The original cost of the vehicle in 1885 was 600 imperial German marks,[2] approximately 150 US dollars (equivalent to $4,268 in 2019). The vehicle was awarded the German patent number 37435, for which Karl Benz applied on 29 January 1886. Following official procedures, the date of the application became the patent date for the invention once the patent was granted, which occurred in November of that year.

Benz's wife, Bertha, financed the development process.

Benz unveiled his invention to the public on 3 July 1886, on the Ringstrasse in Mannheim.
About 25 Patent-Motorwagen were built between 1886 and 1893.
The car is currently being maintained by Mercedes-Benz Classic. – Wikipedia

This is an exact copy, one of several that were sent to dealers around the world.

9YN86SZ.jpg

With an interesting video on the first person ever to drive a car…

TVR is one of those unlucky British car brands that didn’t quite make it. You can trace its roots back to 1946, an engineering business set up out of a small warehouse in Blackpool by a young Trevor Wilkinson. The name changed in 1947 to TVR engineering (remove a few letters from ‘Trevor’ and you’ll see where the name came from), and over the following 60 years the business produced some of the most exciting, fastest and loudest cars on the road. The cars weren’t always perfect – far from it, in many cases – and the company saw a number of owners before production stopped in 2006. But still, as you’ll see, TVR had a seriously good run…

TVR Tuscan – 1999

The Tuscan name made a return in 1999, some 30 years after it was first used. The "modern" Tuscan, however, packed a much stronger punch… At launch it had a 3.6-litre TVR straight-six with 355PS (261kW) and 393Nm (290lb ft), but seemingly TVR owners weren’t content with a 1,100kg car with all that power and torque and no ABS and traction control. Soon enough there was a 365PS (268kW) 4.0-litre, then a 385PS (283kW) 4.0-litre ‘Red Rose’, TVR speak for ‘there is never too much power’. It didn’t stop there, as a 390PS (287kW) Tuscan S emerged preceding a Mk2. Tuscan S with 400PS (294kW).

The Tuscan was a big, powerful brute, but we quite like that, and as production continued all the way to 2006 it was one of the final TVRs to be built. The car you see pictured is the very last Tuscan off the line, owned by the aforementioned former TVR PR man Ben. A quirk of this particular car, Ben very kindly explained, is that the stereo system should have come from Alpine but, as TVR had stopped paying its bills and therefore was no longer receiving head units, a suitably inexpensive replacement was found in a local Blackpool shop and installed instead…

5tnJWl0.jpg

Well, honestly these days I may be able to get in to one.....but I don't think I'd be able to get out!
So it's a sedan or SUV for me too!

Of course there's always this affordable SUV.....
:rolleyes:

1) 2020 Rolls-Royce Cullinan
$325,000 | 563 Horsepower

"Rolls-Royce has long been the height of motoring luxury, and has raised that standard with the Cullinan SUV. The Phantom sedan is true four-wheeled opulence, but the SUV setup allows the Cullinan to do things the Phantom cannot. Considering early coach-built Rolls-Royces were lavish overland vehicles, the Cullinan SUV actually makes more sense than many of the SUVs on this list.
The list of options on the Cullinan is befuddling, with many packages and single options costing more than some new cars. The dual rear seat chillers (one for champagne and one for scotch, of course) is a $20,000 option, while the rear Viewing Suite costs ($19,900)." - U.S News

OFG2n5A.jpg

HzhyMTp.jpg

Here's something a little more affordable.
:oops:

2020 Bugatti Centodieci
The Bugatti Centodieci (Italian for "110") is a limited production mid-engine sports car produced by French automotive manufacturer Bugatti.
The car is an homage to the Bugatti EB110 and a celebration of the Bugatti marque's 110th birthday.
The Centodieci is 20 kg lighter than the Bugatti Chiron, and has a 8,000 cc (8.0 L; 488.2 cu in) quad-turbocharged W16 engine, rated at 1,176 kW (1,600 PS; 1,578 hp) at 7,000 rpm.
Production of the Centodieci will be limited to 10 units priced at 8 million euros (~$8.9 million) each.

qS0ZJdc.jpg

I was always a Holden man but this thing has a wicked note.

I dunno if it's an actual XY GTHO Phase III but if it is I don't know how he won the race while carrying his giant balls around - those cars are worth more than the modern racing cars in same series!
(V8 Supercar is worth around $750,000, XY GTHO Phase III in good condition - over $1 Million.)

Back