Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[PIC GALLERY] Cars

Developed by engineer Karl Schlör as a german prototype aerodynamic vehicle, the ‘Schlörwagen’ embodied the peak of automotive innovation in 1930s germany. With its peculiar teardrop shape, the car made headlines at the 1939 berlin auto show but was quickly dismissed for being impractical, unattractive, and unsafe for driving. After fitting it with a russian aircraft engine and taking it for a test run in 1942, the Schlörwagen was eventually set aside and never made it to mass production.

xiiwkTu.jpg

Developed by engineer Karl Schlör as a german prototype aerodynamic vehicle, the ‘Schlörwagen’ embodied the peak of automotive innovation in 1930s germany. With its peculiar teardrop shape, the car made headlines at the 1939 berlin auto show but was quickly dismissed for being impractical, unattractive, and unsafe for driving. After fitting it with a russian aircraft engine and taking it for a test run in 1942, the Schlörwagen was eventually set aside and never made it to mass production.

xiiwkTu.jpg

It's like something from 'The Flintstones'.

I sold my 2010 Porsche BoxsterS a year ago, and replaced it with a VW Tiguan SUV. I thought I was tired of driving a stick. Now, when I see a Boxster on the road, I just shake my head. On the other hand, I am in the midst of moving to a new home, and the SUV is coming in handy. The trunk on the Porsche never would have sufficed.

For you blokes across the pond, the boot on the Porsche never would have sufficed. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: mTk
I are be currently driving this........

My brother-in-law sent me this link. All he said was "Turn Up the Volume!!"

Jul 26, 2015 • onboard lap of the historic Solitude race track in a 1970 Porsche 908-3 during the 2015 Solitude Revival.

The first reply I read sums it up for me.
“FF
I usually don't like this kind of videos - they get incredibly boring -, but I've got to admit that this one is really cool: beautiful car, beautiful sound, beautiful track, and beautiful drive! Great job, man: honestly, great job.”

My brother and I go to this auto museum in Newport Rhode Island where they change the cars to a new theme every quarter.
One time the theme was "Small Cars" which included The 1955 Messerschmitt KR-200.
It says the KR was very popular with the music and movie stars of the time and that Elvis Presley owned one.
The seats are front to back like an aircraft.

vfRlUTm.png

14kJutZ.jpg

Ssj5y48.jpg

0Sxdedp.jpg

UptsDCU.jpg

Last edited:
Upon further review.....

"This DKW F7-700 was originally manufactured in Chemnitz, Germany in 1937 and exported to South Africa. DKW were part of the Auto-Union group, which is now better known as Audi. DKW were Germany’s largest motorcycle manufacturer before the war but also built budget cars. This car was powered by a 700cc two cylinder two-stroke motor. The passenger compartment is made out of wood and covered in artificial leather for weatherproofing."

zdr3TvA.png

dWJNEeJ.png

Back