PLEASE please please HELP, QB crashing

I

idiot94

Hi, Generals, PLEASE help me!

Last night I spent like 7 hours in setting up my first ever real game (before was a training game with Fredrocker, this game vs. cargol is the first real encounter) ---- only to be met with a crash in the end after I click that red button proudly.

7 hours! Man! 7 hours .... plus many hours of learning and researching before that last effort ...

It is a QB with me as a defender, so I bought barbed wire and trench. And now I realized it might be the barbed wires that is causing this crash. Is there any work around please? (I already spent like so long in learning how to put those wires in right place ...) And further did any1 voice this problem to battlefront yet? It is unbelievable that after more than 1 year release, there is still such serious and basic bugs in this game. oh well ... I .... I am so frustrated... :(

I know of no solution to this problem. The idiots down at BF know about it, but lack the integrity to fix this known bug. I seriously question their competence, when they release a wargame that has a bug when you use Barbed Wire. Seriously? Knowing them, the fix will only come in a patch that we must pay for.

Hi,
i also had this problem in a battle for operation Overlord... probably that was the first documented bug.. And Bootie discoverd that the crash was happening for the barbed wire.. No solution from BF (they made a great game, but i agree with Facman that this bug could be resolved a long time ago in a patch).. i suggest to keep a screenshot of your deployment, then go back to force selection.. buy exact the some troops (without barbed wire).. and then deploy exactly as you made before.. your time will not be wasted because the maximum effort you made was about thinking your defense (deployiing is only a little part )..

oh christ ....

Thank you buddies, but I might be crying this whole weekend .... I do not know what to say about battlefront, ... I TRUSTED them...

it reminds me of when I threw my CMSF copy across my room when I discovered how bad the vehicles pathifinding was. fixed in a patch though.
This barbed wire caused many deployments to be forgotten, alas...

As others have said, it's the barbed wire causing the problem. Supposedly it's been fixed for awhile, but BFC doesn't do hotfixes. Only patches. So here we are 8-9 months later still waiting for a fix. A hotfix was lobbied for on the official forums, but it was denied. Too few players come across the problem was the reasoning behind it iirc.

Too few players? What does that mean? So this barbed wire causing crash isn't a sure thing? Only there is a probability that it will crash if I have barbed wire?

In other words, if I restart the turn, I have a chance that it will go through?

And another question, is barbed wire the ONLY thing that may cause the crash ? How about other units/fortifications?

Too few players? What does that mean?
It means that "everyone" knows about it and doesn't use barbed wire, so no one is hitting the problem. Which is obviously a) rubbish, and b) even if it were true, being able to avoid it (by avoiding barbed wire use) doesn't count as reducing the number of players encountering it: every time a player on defense considers buying some wire and rejects it because it will cause a crash, they're encountering the problem. Or it means that it only happens in HvH, and "most people only ever play vs the AI" ( <- that's pretty close to an exact quote; it's certainly representative of what BFC think) so the "few" who play HvH can go whistle.

So this barbed wire causing crash isn't a sure thing? Only there is a probability that it will crash if I have barbed wire? In other words, if I restart the turn, I have a chance that it will go through?
No, no that's not the case. Barbed wire causes crashes 100% of the time when you hit that red button in HvH play.

And another question, is barbed wire the ONLY thing that may cause the crash ? How about other units/fortifications?
I don't think anything else has been implicated, and I've certainly played HvH with mines and foxholes without issue.

There are a number of bugs that have been hanging around for a while, which they've tried to fix and haven't succeeded: the deploy time bug was "supposed" to have been fixed in the 2.01 patch for CMFI, but that's still there; the setup zone switching problem still exists, even though that was supposed to have been fixed in the last patch for CMBN. There are more that have been reported and recognised, but which we have no news on. Spotter death sending the battery they're spotting for into limbo is one. Crew-served weapon team members running off into the sunset, another. I'm sure there are more, in both categories, but that's all I can recall off the top of my head.

If you expected anything else out of BFC, you were poorly-informed. They have their way of working, have always had their way of working and will not change. They have their own internal justifications for it, and there may be some validity. Me, I think it's inadequate code control in the development environment, and a misplaced focus on new stuff over getting the old stuff right (which would have the happy benefit of meaning new stuff starts out on the right footing). I think it's a misguided approach to development and customer relations. But moaning about betrayal and arrogance and trust is just childish. When/if these things are fixed, they'll be in a free patch; if they renege on that promise, then they've started down the betrayal route.

Many thanks, Womble. So put in short, right now, it is hopeless to try to cope barbed wire into play. :(

However, I tried several tests using hotseat (so I do not have to bother others), with barbed wires, it crashes only 1 out of 5 cases.

When I have time, I will do more testing and report my observations here.

Since battlefront isn't helping (sigh, I think theirs isn't arrogance, it is plain stupidity. ), we the players need to figure out the best work-arounds possible anyway. I do not want to let a moronic developer take away our fun.

IIRC
Many thanks, Womble. So put in short, right now, it is hopeless to try to cope barbed wire into play. :(

However, I tried several tests using hotseat (so I do not have to bother others), with barbed wires, it crashes only 1 out of 5 cases.

IIRC, it's the PBEM mode that's a total wash, when barbed wire is involved.

When I have time, I will do more testing and report my observations here.

Still, PBEM is nearly as easy to test solo; just copy the "outbound" turn into your "incoming" folder.

Very good point, I will do that. (it is quite strange that PBEM will have different problems from Hotseat though, I can't guess what is the mind of those battlefront dudes.)

moaning about betrayal and arrogance and trust is just childish

I think your depiction of those of us who spent our hard earned cash on a faulty product and chose to express ourselves in this forum as being childish, fits in nicely with the BF philosophy. I apologize if it disturbed your sensibilities, perhaps I should find a forum where the expression of my opinion is not met with derision.

I think your depiction of those of us who spent our hard earned cash on a faulty product and chose to express ourselves in this forum as being childish, fits in nicely with the BF philosophy. I apologize if it disturbed your sensibilities, perhaps I should find a forum where the expression of my opinion is not met with derision.
If you'd just said "It's broke and they haven't fixed it," you might have a point. But you didn't leave it at that. You decided they'd "become" arrogant, which is nonsense, as they've always done things this way, and "screwed" their customers, which is possibly even more nonsensical, since even in its current state the game is, by any measure I can think of, astonishing value for money. It's not the fact of expression that merits derision, merely the method and means. And you didn't "disturb" anything, so there's no need to sarcastically apologise.

BF forums are filled with bad/good customers complaints. Let's just not enter this silly game here

First I was childish for the method and means of my opinion, then I was playing a silly game. I must surely have misunderstood the nature of what this site was about, and how it's run. My apologies to the club.

The barbed wire bug will be fixed with upgrade 2.0, I guess. Had a game in CMFI (which is 2.0) recently with my opponent using barbed wire and it worked fine. :)

hurrah, we'll be able to mow down squads entangled in it like in the good old CMx1 days :)

If you'd just said "It's broke and they haven't fixed it," you might have a point. But you didn't leave it at that. You decided they'd "become" arrogant, which is nonsense, as they've always done things this way, and "screwed" their customers, which is possibly even more nonsensical, since even in its current state the game is, by any measure I can think of, astonishing value for money. It's not the fact of expression that merits derision, merely the method and means. And you didn't "disturb" anything, so there's no need to sarcastically apologise.

Yeah, no need to have another "BFC defence forum" here, so I agree with FacMan on this one.
We should be allowed to call this company any names we like and in the same turn assign any attribtutes we see fit from our "customer experience". At least here we should be allowed to share these thoughts and feelings.

What we don't need is defence lawyers stepping in saying people are childish and so on and so forth.
So I would kindly ask you to refrain from this, womble . Oh, and by the way, I'm not being sarcastic or ironic.

Back
Top Bottom