Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Preferences of campaigns and tournaments?

Another question... Anyone interested in the Greco-Persian Wars?

I'm considering a (relatively) simple campaign over 5 rounds, with Greeks against Persians. Each round will cover a longer time period (starting earlier and ending later than the historical wars) and involve different army lists, for the sake of variety. Probably suitable for two players, but of course they can step out and other step in between the rounds.

Rounds
  1. Mid sixth century BC: Greek 680-461 BC versus Achaemenid Persian 553-546 BC
  2. Late sixth century BC: Spartan 680-461 BC with Greek 680-461 BC allies versus Achaemenid Persian 545-481 BC
  3. Early fifth century BC: Spartan 680-461 BC versus Achaemenid Persian 480-461 BC
  4. Mid fifth century BC: Spartan 460-281 BC with Greek 460-281 BC allies versus Achaemenid Persian 460-420 BC
  5. Late fifth century BC: Greek 460-281 BC versus Achaemenid Persian 419-329 BC
The map would be based on the beautiful map from the 300: Earth and Water board game, also involving fleets, and probably some of the rules as well.

1709073832105.png

Please let me know what you think.

:2charge:

Last edited:
Another question... Anyone interested in the Greco-Persian Wars?

I'm considering a (relatively) simple campaign over 5 rounds, with Greeks against Persians. Each round will cover a longer time period (starting earlier and ending later than the historical wars) and involve different army lists, for the sake of variety. Probably suitable for two players, but of course they can step out and other step in between the rounds.

Rounds
  1. Mid sixth century BC: Greek 680-461 BC versus Achaemenid Persian 553-546 BC
  2. Late sixth century BC: Spartan 680-461 BC with Greek 680-461 BC allies versus Achaemenid Persian 545-481 BC
  3. Early fifth century BC: Spartan 680-461 BC versus Achaemenid Persian 480-461 BC
  4. Mid fifth century BC: Spartan 460-281 BC with Greek 460-281 BC allies versus Achaemenid Persian 460-420 BC
  5. Late fifth century BC: Greek 460-281 BC versus Achaemenid Persian 419-329 BC
The map would be based on the beautiful map from the 300: Earth and Water board game, also involving fleets, and probably some of the rules as well.

View attachment 30882

Please let me know what you think.

:2charge:

Do you have a larger image of that map?

Do you have a larger image of that map?
Sure. I’ll just tidy up some tentative rules first and then distribute the package to those interested in participating. I’ll check the interest at Slitherine and elsewhere too.

What do you say? A campaign Something for you?

Sure. I’ll just tidy up some tentative rules first and then distribute the package to those interested in participating. I’ll check the interest at Slitherine and elsewhere too.

What do you say? A campaign Something for you?

No, I mean, I can’t really make out the map - the image you posted is too small. ;)

I've adjusted the Hearts of Lions campaign to a new one: A Crown of Thorns, covering a fictional civil war between Amalric (brother of Baldwin III, Kingdom of Jerusalem) and the young Bohemond, Prince of Antioch. It begins upon the death of Baldwin III with Amalric aspiring to succeed his brother and climb the throne of the Kingdom of Jerusalem and Bohemond refusing to pledge his allegiance, making the first task of King Amalric I to suppress Baldwin by force.

The campaign unfolds over a series of eight year-long turns, from 1163 to 1170, as part of the conflict between two Frankish factions: Amalric of Jerusalem and Bohemond of Antioch. The armies of the two factions, although both Frankish, may consist of Frankish as well as Muslim and even Byzantine units.

Anyone up for playing either side, please let me know.

Please note that the campaign involves not only Field of Glory II: Medieval battles but also an extensive and complex (some'd say even complicated or overwhelming) set of rules for the campaign itself, so you would then 'need' to like strategic warfare board games as well. :)

Last edited:
Back